Part 1: Homecoming

Start from the beginning

Qani and Kiante looked at each other like little kids that were about to be grounded, and shrugged.

Sebby broke the silence after he was done doing whatever he was so seriously doing on his phone, this time he seemed calmer and honestly tired.

"You made a commitment to principle Macintosh to be there when they retire your jersey number and you're going to honor it, we don't break promises in this family. Besides, don't you have another very important reason to go back?"

"I really don't wanna go apa, and the other stuff can be worked out, my girl would understand."

"Too bad you're going." Sebby declared, checking his watch for the time. "And what's this mess I'm hearing about a new house? You don't need another house Qani, you already have four empty ones."

"I have three, the fourth one ain't mine and it don't matter how mad he is at me he gon take it eventually." He said solemnly, and even without expansion everyone present knew who and what he was talking about.

Rolling his eyes, Sebby let out a sigh of exhaustion. "Your flight is in two hours, be there. Don't make me get your Daddy." He warned before walking out in his neatly pressed suit.

"Damn, not the Quincy threat, I'm dead." Kiante said laughing, so did his brother Kova. "Managing you and your bullshit don turned your papa into a savage."

"Shut yo ass up."

"Not to add to your situation, but your meeting with your agent is in thirty minutes, and it's all the way in Malibu so we gotta go." Kova informed.

Before Qani had a chance to respond Naomi walked in looking like a hot cup of hot chocolate in a cold ass winter morning, alluring and mouth watering. He smiled and took the necessary steps needed to close the distance between them and embrace her. Her warmth took some of his stress away, and as she smiled and held on to him he was glad he had her.

"What's wrong babe?" Naomi's soothing voice questioned when Qani wouldn't let go. Meanwhile at this point his boys had slipped out to give them some space.

"Ion wanna go back to LV Naomi, I ain't tryna deal with certain situations right now."

"But we're all packed up already babe, my parents are expecting us and everything is already in motion." She paused and took a deep breath, before resting her head on his chest. "You can't hide from your demons forever, but you're going to have to face whatever you're running from eventually, and I'm going to be there to help."

"Why we gotta go back though, we can get married right here in this beautiful city."

"Boy please, you hate LA. You've said the people here are pretentious shitheads a million times." Naomi huffed and rolled her eyes. "But that aside I think going back home to get married would be epic, what are the chances that two people from the same town would meet in a city as big as this and fall inlove? We're a fairytale come to life and I want to tie the knot in the presence of our entire family."

"My family gon fly out here if I ask em to."

"Everyone but your dad. What was his exact words again? 'I ain't enabling no bitch move lil boy, get yo scary ass back home', remember that?"

"Fine get packed I'm going to meet Henry and do some press before we leave out." Qani said in a stern voice, as he moved out of her reach and began to walk out.