"I fear for what may happen." Draco whispered quietly to his friend, staring him dead in the eye. His vulnerability came through whenever Dru was in the picture.

"That's a common worry, Draco. But, we know who she is. What she's capable of. And in retrospect, she could kill us all with a wave of her hand." Blaise whispered back, inching Draco's drink to him. Draco eyed it, unsure if he should let his guard down for the night. But when he followed Blaise's eyesight to see Dru conversing with Fred, he felt the urge to just let go.

Downing the rest of the glass in a quick second, he stood from the table, causing the chair to scratch against the floor, and made his way to Dru. She turned to him, smiling. For a moment, he had forgotten where they were and what was happening in the world around them, and was taken back to a place from many years ago. The dormitory parties were always Dru's favorite, even if he hated that she'd drag him to the other houses. She looked just as she did all those times that they enjoyed life as Hogwarts students. What he would give to relive those times instead. "Draco!" She smiled, lunging up into his arms again. She was clingy when she was drunk. He almost forgot. Almost.

"I'm not dancing." He told her, finally smiling.

"Pity." She pouted, turning from him and pressing her backside against his torso. Her swaying kept in rhythm with the music and he felt his hands grab onto the sides of her waist. He didn't dance, but he held onto her, subtly glaring at Fred every once in a while. He loved when others desired what he had. The gigglewater was beginning to kick in, as a laugh escaped his lips, brushing against her ear. She pulled her hand up and rested it gently against his cheek, caressing his soft cold skin. Lifting her drink to his lips, he drank more, enjoying the moment for what it was. No one knew what tomorrow held, but tonight was all they had.

— — —

Dru's eyes fluttered open to the empty spot beside her on the bed. Her hand had reached briefly, expecting to feel Draco as usual, but she was greeted with a piece of parchment instead. Sitting herself up, grabbing at her throbbing head for a moment, she unfolded the letter.

I'm sorry to have left you without a proper goodbye. I didn't want to make it harder on either of us, but I look forward to seeing you again in a few days.
Stay safe, keep your mind focused. I have no doubt in my mind that you will be able to expand your magical abilities. You've come so far already.

Soon,

D.M.

Dru sighed, setting the paper down and grabbing at her head again. It was throbbing. How much had she had to drink last night? She wondered. A quiet knock on the door startled her as she looked to see a surprise, it was Pansy. "Take it you read his letter?" She asked with a yawn. Dru nodded while Pansy proceeded to the bed, sitting beside her. "They shouldn't be gone too long, so don't worry."

"Why didn't you go as well? Don't all death eaters need to be in attendance at the meetings?" Dru asked, curiously. Pansy smirked.

"Unless you're a woman. It's required all male death eaters attend, whereas women are only needed if they have a task to fulfill. I guess war isn't one of them. Of course though, Bellatrix somehow manages to weasel her way into being at every one of them. But that's just because she's got Voldy's dick so far up her arse that she can't help but be wherever he is." Pansy scoffed with an exaggerated eye roll.

"Bellatrix?" Dru asked.

"Oh, right. Draco's aunt. She's a nightmare. Totally fucking mad and a raging twat. Also, Rodolphus's wife." Pansy explained. "So I didn't need to be there and Hermione found it best for at least one of us to stay. She tries to trust us, but she can't."