FORTY SEVEN

accusations from a hypocrite
TWO MONTHS LATER

"Get your Daily Prophet! Get your Daily Prophet here! Will Ophelia Pierce, also known as Drusilla Scott, be pardoned by the new ministry, and if so, will we be safe? Read all about the ongoing trial here!" A man shouted, as a hooded figure walked through the crowd of people. Her face was everywhere. It felt reminiscent of the times when Potter was undesirable no. 1. Now, she practically was. And it was unfair, being that she sacrificed everything to save these people who now want her locked up for life. The figure reached the dark alleyway, where they turned a corner and continued down the street to the nearest café. A woman waited patiently at one of the tables nearest the window and the figure approached, seating themself across.

"Took you long enough." She huffed, leaning forward on the table as the man lowered the hood slightly, revealing his gray eyes and pale blonde hair.

"Too many people, had to take the long way." He scoffed, seeing Blaise return from the counter and sitting between them at the table.

"Have you seen her before today?" Pansy asked, curiously, eyeing the passerby's outside the window.

"No. Granger had made it practically impossible to visit." He responded with a huff. "She's lucky I don't–"

"Draco!" Pansy cut him off. "Don't even say it. You never know who's," she stopped, briefly glancing around, "eavesdropping."

"It took me nearly an arm and a leg to get this visitation with her today." He rolled his eyes, feeling anger rise in him once again.

"These accusations are preposterous." Blaise finally interjected, crossing his arms on the table and staring straight ahead out the window. "She could have died. And she would have for the sake of us."

"Don't even get me started, Blaise." Pansy huffed, taking a sip of her iced coffee.

"We'll get her out of this. We have to." Draco snapped, wanting to just go off and confront Hermione. But he couldn't, he knew that much. "We need to get going. We only get twenty minutes with her." He said, sadly, looking down at his hands.

— — —

The darkness surrounding the tall triangular tower of Azkaban was enough to send shivers down Pansy's spine. Draco had been here only twice in his lifetime, and it was under commands of Voldemort for torturing purposes. Now, he had to visit Ophelia in this literal island of hell. Even when his father was here many years ago, he had never been permitted for visitation. But now, he was going to see what Ophelia was living in for nearly two months. As they approached the enormous front gate, a guard approached, hand out and halting them to a stop. "What's your purpose?" He asked, in a stern tone.

"Visitation." Draco announced, standing his ground. "Judges orders." He reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a file. As much as he truly hated Hermione right now, he had to be grateful that she spoke to the judge, allowing this meeting. The guard scanned through the papers which held all her prior information of her and the details of the case. But everyone knew all that information anyways.

"It says here only a Draco Malfoy is granted permission to enter the premises." The guard huffed, glaring at Blaise and Pansy who stood on each side of Draco.

"I understand that, but they are practically her only family—,"

"Only a Draco Malfoy is allowed for visitation. No exceptions." The guard sneered and Draco felt his fists clench into hard balls.

"Right." Draco muttered, turning to his friends.

"Tell her we love her, okay?" Pansy gave a small simple smile. "Let her know we will get her away from all of this."