TWENTY ONE

the pierce family's biggest secret

"I'm sorry, but I'm not a witch. You guys have me mistaken for someone else." Dru laughed in their faces. The two across from her eyed each other knowingly. She was in denial. "So if you could please let me go, that'd be great, thanks." Dru stood up, but the man gently shoved her back down. "Okay, watch it, handsy!" She glared at him.

"I understand this is a lot to take in, Ophelia."

"My name is not Ophelia! My name is Drusilla Scott. I'm from New York and I do not possess magical abilities! Don't you think I'd know if I did by now?" She shouted at them, in an almost humorous way. "Also, I never got your names." She crossed her arms.

"Right. Dru, my name is Hermione Granger and this is Ron Weasley. We're apart of an organization called the Potter Alliance." She explained and Dru raised her hand to stop her talking.

"Oh, I know who you are."

"You do?" Hermione's face lit up, feeling so much relief wash over her.

"Oh yeah, I've been told all about you guys. Don't get me wrong, I know you're not the bad guys in this scenario or anything, but my boyfriend and you guys obviously have some beef." Dru shrugged with a grin. She didn't feel the need to explain what Draco and her were, because even she didn't know if it were official or not. Saying boyfriend just made it easier.

"'Beef'?" Ron questioned, confused by the statement.

"Muggle term for conflict." Hermione quickly explained to him, rolling her eyes. "Look, the man you call your boyfriend, Draco Malfoy, is a criminal! He's murdered so many innocent people that we've lost count after 30. He's a vile, cruel, horrible person—,"

"Look, Hermie, I don't need to hear it, okay? I've known him way longer than I've known the two of you and honestly, I'll take my chances with the 'criminal'."

"It's Hermione." Hermione spat through her gritted teeth, annoyed with her ignorance and difficult personality. "Just give her the notebook." She sneered to Ron. He nodded, pulling a leather bound book from his jacket and handed it to Dru. Staring at it briefly with pause, she snatched it from him and opened it. Flipping through the pages, she finally landed on one titled 'The Pierce Family'. This section contained several pages of information about Ophelia's parents and her friend group, along with her life at Hogwarts. But she couldn't help but notice something missing.

"What happened here?" She lifted the book to point out the missing page that had clearly been torn out. Hermione shrugged. Dru looked back down, continuing to read on. "What's a pureblood?"

"A witch or wizard with full magical blood. Lineage on both sides of the parents would have to be completely full of magic blood. Half-blood would be someone born to a witch and a muggle, which is a non magic person."

"And what're you?" Dru questioned.

"I'm a muggle born. Neither of my parents possessed magical abilities." Hermione said proudly.

"Oh, so a mudblood?" Dru asked, genuinely not knowing that was a bad term.

"Clearly Draco has been teaching her some things." Ron scoffed in a hushed tone to Hermione.

"And what's this about something called quidditch?" Dru questioned more.

"It's a sports game. I guess quidditch is your football, for American muggles." Hermione told her.

"Says here I was one of Slytherin's beaters. If I am who you say I am, that is." Dru side eyed them, still unconvinced.

"Just, skip to the last page, please." Hermione was growing impatient. So Dru obliged.