SEVEN

friends of a friend

"Oi! Malfoy!" The unfamiliar voice rang out from inside, followed by the sounds of several footsteps clamoring in the flat. Draco looked to Dru, who looked back confused.

"Just, uh, stay here a moment, will you?" He told her, opening the door and walking back in hesitantly as he pushed his nerves aside. Quickly, he spotted the intruders in his living room. A girl laying sprawled on the sofa comfortably, a thin young man standing near the fire place, and a third dark haired man standing comfortably by the bookshelf. "What did I say about just showing up here invited?" He crossed his arms, now annoyed.

"Relax, Malfoy. Always gotta have your guard up, aye?" The man by the fireplace smirked.

"He's just nervous we'll catch him rubbing one out." The girl joked with a snarky laugh. The third man remained quiet, suspiciously eyeing the balcony.

"I told you to write before just popping in with floo." Draco whispered to them. "I could have had someone in here with me. How the bloody hell am I supposed to explain you lot flying through the fireplace like bloody Santa Claus!"

"Like who?" The girl scrunched her brows in confusion.

"These American muggles seemed to have rubbed off on you, mate." The first boy exclaimed.

"Anything you'd like to add, Blaise?" Draco sighed as they all looked to him.

"Who you hiding out there?" Blaise asked, as the girl from the sofa leapt up in a swift motion, heading to the door in a hurry. But Draco latched onto her arm tightly, stopping her.

"No one." He lied. But of course, they were unconvinced.

"No, I want to see who you're keeping hidden from us, Draco Malfoy." The girl protested, attempting to shake her arm from his tight grasp.

"I said drop it." He didn't need to raise his voice. He was a lot scarier when calm and collected. Slowly, she backed down. Even if she wasn't an adolescent who once was conflicted within her own feelings anymore, she still had this sense to obey Draco and his commands. She tried her hardest not too overstep, even if she wanted to.

"Well, you sure as hell don't scare me." The unnamed man smirked, running to the balcony door and opening it before Draco could even attempt to stop him. To his surprise, he was faced with a short brunette, standing uncomfortably too close to the door because she had been trying to eavesdrop, just a little. "Well, surprise, surprise. Malfoy's got a little girlfriend stashed out here!"

"Oh, I'm not-," Dru tried to begin but was quickly cut off by the black haired girl beside Draco.

"Ooh! I want to see!" She exclaimed as Dru slowly stepped out and into view. The strange girls eyes glossed over her. "You're different than I expected."

"And what's that supposed to mean?" Dru snapped, popping her hip out, insulted.

"Well, I mean, for starters you're actually pretty. And you don't come across as the usual floozies he tends to associate with." The girl rebutted, while Dru was actually taken back that it was a compliment.

"I'll say." Blaise smirked.

"Uh, thanks." Dru nodded, trying to conceal her smile. But Draco was growing anxious by the second. He was just getting to know her himself, and now his friends were as well. The last thing he could have ever wanted.

"Alright. Well, Dru was just about to head out." He implied, wanting this horror to end.

"I was?" She scrunched her face, looking to him as his eyes widened. "I was! Right. Um, it was nice to meet all of you." She waved.

"Actually, we all were pretty parched and hoping to grab a bite to eat. Maybe you'd care to join us?" The first man asked. "Theo, by the way. Theo Nott." He extended his hand in greeting. Dru then smiled, reaching out and shaking it.

"God, Draco, you're so rude!" The girl shouted, nudging his shoulder. "I'm Pansy. Pansy Parkinson. Since Draco here decided to avoid introductions." Pansy pouted.

"Blaise Zabini." Blaise chimed in, with a genuine smile.

"Hi." Dru waved, feeling slightly anxious. "Um, I'm Drusilla Scott. But you guys can just call me Dru." She smiled in return. The three new friends smirked devilishly at one another. And Draco was undeniably pissed, worried, and confused. All sorts of emotions were coursing through him at this point. His friends were chaotic, reckless and unpredictable, to say the least. And this was not how he wanted the night to go. He hadn't even ever taken the girl on a date alone, now he has to watch her endure a night with his overbearing friends.

"Now this is what I'm talking about!" Theo exclaimed, happily, as Pansy looped her arm through Dru's, and the five of them walked out of the flat and began their descent to the restaurant.