NINE

drinks & dates

Draco sat next to Dru at a small table in a restaurant called Lascola. He was struggling trying to control his shaking leg, as his friends across from him, stared at Dru. Their drinks arrived, and Dru took a quick sip of hers in an attempt at trying to gain some liquid courage as this was definitely intimidating. She cleared her throat. "So, uh, how do you all know each other?" She asked. She didn't notice, but the three of them smirked to themselves as her innocence was admirable.

"School, actually. Boarding school." Theo spoke up. Which he wasn't wrong, considering Hogwarts was technically a boarding school. Only magical.

"What's more of an intriguing question, is how the two of you met?" Pansy questioned, looking between Draco and Dru.

"Uh, well, he lives in the same complex as my best friend, Ziggy and we pretty much just started smoking outside together for the past few weeks." She shrugged with a silent giggle.

"Wait, you two only smoke together? That's it?" Theo looked shocked. "I could have sworn you both would have at least f-," a loud bang from under the table caused him to stop talking and Dru quickly realized it came from Draco. She smiled to herself, cheeks turning red.

"So you're single?" Pansy smirked with a subtle wink in Dru's direction.

"Don't start, Pans." Draco hissed.

"What? I mean, if she's available,"

"What happened to Vanessa?" Draco interrupted, coyly.

"I got bored." Pansy snapped back, taking a drink from her martini before smiling and glancing to Dru once again.

"Aren't you always?" Blaise commented under his breath.

"Point taken." Pansy lifted her glass in a short cheers and drank more. Draco was only hoping that she wouldn't drink too much, as she often tends to do.

"So, Dru, tell us. You've got any skeletons in your closet that you'd care to share?" Theo grew ominous, trying to get a little too personal, but also come across as intimidating. It didn't work. Dru wasn't easily intimidated, even if she pretended to be.

"Nott!" Draco stopped him, getting more angry by the second.

"It's fine." Dru cleared her throat. Yes, she had some secrets. But these were far too personal to share, especially when she had never really opened up to many people. "No, not really. Unless you include the fact that I tend to cry during almost every movie I watch." Blaise silently laughed at this. Something about this poor girl was just so welcoming and warm. He hadn't been around someone like her in a very, very long while. He enjoyed her company and instantly knew she'd be good for Draco, even if they weren't on that level yet. "How about you guys?" Her eyes narrowed, trying to match the energy they gave off.

"Oh, we've got plenty." Theo winked, leaning forward onto his arms that were resting on the table.

"Maybe we should wrap this up." Draco huffed, just wanting this nightmare to end.

"Oh, come on, Malfoy. Lighten up!" Pansy mocked, gulping down the last bit of her drink and starting on Blaise's. "She doesn't mind, I'm sure." Pansy's eyes averted to Dru, yet again. Pansy couldn't help but wonder about the girl. She'd never seen Draco take interest in someone like this before, let alone a muggle, and he normally had a habit of 'hit it and quit it'. She admitted to herself that Dru was indeed beautiful, but Draco had always been with beautiful women, that was nothing out of the ordinary. But these two hadn't even gotten past just smoking together? It was definitely a first. Who really was she, and what was she hiding?