Emporors' New Grooves

Watching the Emporor's New Groove rn-
Got an idea for this-

The prompt isn't 100% like the movie just so you know- it changed a lot, I spend 2-3 weeks on and off writing this-

Prompt:

The three Emperors of the Arctic Kingdom had been I interested in a orphan boy from a small farming village. They where thinking of adopting him into their family, but they wanted to test him first. So, they sent out a crow from the murder with a tag with an address on it. If the boy returns the crow to the address they will make him part of the family.

Tommy finds a injured crow when on his way to the library (he likes to read adventures, pretend he's going on one). He picked up the crow and took it to his room in the orphanage so he could help it get better.

Later on though when wrapping the birds injured foot he noduced a tag hidden in its wing. With a closer look he saw that it was an address, probably the crow's home. Tommy decided to take the crow to the address, thinking of it as his own little adventure.

On the way to return the crow to its owner, he almost gets lost in the woods multiple times, but the crow leads him out, seeming to know it's way around the forest. So he followed the directions the crow wanted to go and he would get back on the path.

Eventually he made it to the city the bird's owner was in, but he didn't want to give up the bird yet. Tommy took Clemontine (yes, he named the bird) to a cafe and bought a cheese danish for himself and a croissant for Clementine.

After that he took the bird to the address, a cabin near the woods. He knocked on the door a few times, but no one answered. He tried to open the door, learning that it was unlocked. Tommy just shrugged and hugged Clemontine before placing the crow inside and walking away. Their owner would find them eventually when they came back home.

The royal family was happy when the bird they sent to test the orphan came back and told them all about how the boy brought them back home and gave them a croissant. They talked a lot about the croissant.

They sent our knights to find the orphan because they didn't know where he could be. It was consuming that when he was found, lying in a alleyway cold and alone.

They quickly took him back to the castle and put him in the closest guest room to the royal's. They waited for him to wake as they sighed the adoption papers. Their newest family member had passed the test and joined their family. How they just had to wait for him to wake. (All the signing happened over night because no comainnit-)

Tommy definitely doesnt have a heart attack when he wakes in a random room- what are you talking about?!