Chapter 33

Asher ~

I remember holding her hand while she lays on her hospital bed. God I regretted not being there for her.

I regret the last words I told her. That she was nothing but a pain and I hated her. Truth be told I didn't hate her. I was far from hating her. But I was furious . I knew I couldn't get myself in too deep with her.

I looked at her pale body. She had dark circles and her cheeks were hollow. She has a scar on her nose now. Her long eyelashes fluttering down. Her lips are purple and swollen. I felt guilt and pain in my heart. I failed to protect her. I failed.

I should have stayed . Or as a matter of fact I should have let her go regardless of what threats I received.

The one girl who showed me what happiness was. The one girl who was truly there for me when I was down. The one girl who cared about a cold hearted asshole like me.

I pictured her laugh booming through the room. Her deep dimples flashing when she smiles. Her cherry red lips when she kissed me. Her warm embrace. God I miss her.

After I went out with the men I got a notification that we got attacked at the house.
I quickly rushed back to the house to make sure everyone was okay.

But when I got there. My heart sank.

In the front , there was 5 of my trusted men on the floor. A little more inside the house was Axel laying on a pool of blood.

My heart sank even further when I realized rose stayed here.
My god. My rose. My beautiful rose.. no..

In panic I yell to my men to search for her.

Fuck fuck fuck.

We search the whole house and nothing .

" I WANT ALL OF YOU TO SEARCH FOR ROSE NOW!!!!!" I furiously yell out.

Fuck. I start to panic and my stomach gets in knots.
I clench my fists together and regret everything .

—-
Luckily we found her location and killed bastard in time.

I saw rose laying on the floor with blood oozing out of her wound.
Shit.

My beautiful girl.. please be okay.
I'm so sorry. I'm so so so sorry my love.

———

Earlier that day:

After rose left for the pool I picked up the phone.
I was met with a deep voice .
" hello Asher."

" who is this?" I ask curiously.
" Well well.. wouldn't you know?" I hear him laugh from the other side of the line.

Santos.

" What the fuck do you want bastard!" I spat out.

" oh dear Asher.. I just have one proposition." He chuckles.

" what the fuck do you want" I say again more sternly.

" if you don't get away from Rose then I'll kill her. First I'll taste her pretty lips and trace my hands around her beautiful and perky body.. with you watching. Then I'll kill her, in front of you." He booms out with laughter.

" Don't you ever come close to rose you shit !!!" I furiously say.

I bang my fists on the desk and I hear him laugh.
" ah but I'm not kidding. Listen or else. Make my word Castillo. Mark my word." The line goes dead.

What the fuck?!

Mafia men are known to keep their word regardless if they are psycho or not.
Shit.

I can't hurt my precious girl.
But it's for her safety.

I'm sorry rose. I'm so sorry. Forgive me my love.

Present :

The machines are beeping and I still look at her.
The doctor comes in and I immediately stand up.

" doctor.. is she okay?" I ask full of hope.

He frowns and clears his throat.
" I .. I think you might want to sit down." He motions towards the chair I was sitting on.

" first of all i would like to say I'm sorry for your loss. It's terribly hard to loose a child such at a young stage" he says flipping towards his papers.

Loosing a child?
Sorry for your loss?
Your.
Your.
At this realization my heart sank.
She was carrying our child?
My baby... no. She was...
A lump got stuck on my throat.

" The shot wounded her stomach and made her loose a lot of blood. Her cuts and bruises are also heavily embedded in her skin. She lost alot of blood, all we can do now is wait. She has a low chance of surviving. But that's it." He says and closes his folder.

He stands up and leaves the room leaving me in shock.

I can't lose her too.

Then the machines start beeping.
Louder.
Faster.
And then I hear a long ding.

Doctors and nurses start rushing in the room and telling me to leave.

No .
No.
Please.. this is all my fault.
They push me out and I sit against the wall.

I lost my beautiful girl and our baby.

I lost them.