Chapter 11

Asher

My blood boils when I hear all the things he has done to her. I do get confused though . She's 20 about to be 21 ?! She my age. She's dating a 40 year old man?! Who's her father? Why isn't he taking care of her? I

I ask her all these questions.She starts laughing and I'm confused on why she's laughing at this and considering she's in this state.

" Asher.. Darling. You are speaking to the heir of the Spanish mafia. Rose Cruz. Daughter of Roman Cruz". She says while laughing.

My heart stops. My face goes pale.
Roman has a daughter ?!!! THIS IS HIS DAUGHTER. OH MY GOD IM SO STUPID. NO WONDER MY DAD WAS SO FRIENDLY. NO WONDER SHE KNOWS HOW TO SHOOT.

God I feel stupid. I feel so much guilt consume me. " oh my god.. I'm so sorry how I treated you. God... I'm sorry." I say .

" Its okay Asher . You didn't know. Plus I didn't want you to know at first because I was scared. I only trusted your dad because he took care of me as a baby til I was 15 . He's like my uncle and a second father to me. I didn't know if I could trust you because you were going to be leader. Plus I knew what you thought about me . Honestly I laughed to myself every time you accused me of cheating or being a gold digger. Little do you know I'm also the Black Serpent."

what. The . Fuck.

The black serpent?!!!
The most powerful assassin in the world?!!
Literally a multi billionaire.
" I... what ?!" I say in shock.

" yeah you hired me one time to kill 6 men." She laughs.

Wow.

" Listen... I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. Thank you again for helping me. I know I look weak right now. It's just . Evan was deep in my memories. Whenever he's around I feel lost, I feel scared. He left me broken and scarred for life Asher. He's the only one who makes me feel small. He makes me feel like I'm not strong." She says.

" Rose you are strong. Shit you're even more powerful than me!" I tell her.
She smile softly and fixes her hair.

" Rose if it's okay with you.. I would want to start over." I ask.

" Sure" she says smiling.
God her dimples are cute. Wait what .
Pull together Asher .

Rose

I felt relieved that I finally told him who I was.
I don't know why I cared so much. I don't have feelings for him. God I don't even know anything about him. Yet I still want him to like me.

Every time I look into his eyes I feel a pull. A connection. I don't want to fall for him.
He's cold and an asshole . He doesn't care about me. The only time he was decent is right now but it's because he feels bad for me.

At least we are starting on a better note.