Chapter 2||Human

"I am Prime Y/n." You introduced yourself to the trio before you. "May I ask of your names?" You asked, seeing as you didn't know their names either. 

"Oh! I'm Finn. This is PB, and Jake." The boy pointed to the pink princess and the yellow dog.

 "I'm Princess Bubblegum. Princess of the Candy Kingdom." She explained to you. 

You nodded. "C-candy?" You mumbled as you didn't know what candy was. "So, what is it that you want to learn about us?" You asked to see if there was something you could start with. Bubblegum seemed to be having trouble thinking of an idea. 

"Maybe we can see your ways of scie-" 

"I wanna see how you guys fight!!" The boy, Finn, interrupted her. Bubblegum gave him a glare.

 "Prime, should we really show them our training?" Istan asked you. 

You thought for a moment. "Not right off, no." You decided that maybe it wasn't the best of idea seeing as they were still strangers.

"You look kinda different from the rest of the minotaurs. Are you different minotaur species? You don't seem to have a lotta fur." Jake the dog asked you. 

Istan growled. "You do no talk to the prime like that!!" Istan yelled. 

You placed an arm on his arm. "Istan, calm down. There's no need to get upset over a simple question. They do not know." You tried to make him calm down. He would get upset over the fact you're not like them. "But it's getting pretty late, so why don't you all stay for the night. I figure you may learn about our culture by being around us." You explained. 

Bubblegum nodded. "That is wonderful! I do learn by observation!" She explained. 

You gave a smile. "Istan, you would lead Finn and Jake to the men's guest room. I'll lead the princess to the women's guest room." 

Istan rolled his eyes. "Come on. I'm taking you to your room." Istan growled as he stomped out, with Finn and Jake following behind. 

"I'm sorry for Istan's behavior. It's just that he's not-" 

"He's not used to guests?" Bubblegum asked. You didn't want a stranger to know about Istan or your past. You shook your head as it probably something to mention now. 

"He's not fond of humans." You told her. 

Bubblegum's face raised in shock. "You didn't send him to kill Finn, did you!?" She was starting to panic. 

You waved your hands around and tried to shush her. "No! No! I would never tell him to do that!" You didn't want her to think that he was thinking about that. "It's just that humans have never gotten-" You paused as you trying to get words out. 

"Never gotten along with you guys?" Bubblegum seemed to know that part. All you could do was nod. She nodded. "Don't worry, I'm sure that Finn's the only human left. If you're worried about him being some murderer, he's not." She tried to reassure you. You looked away from her. "He just wants to help people who are in need. So you don't have to even think that he'll do something awful." She added. Maybe he wasn't that bad. 

*Finn's pov*

This Istan guy seemed very upset that we were even here. I only pouted at the thought of it. "Here's your damn room." That guy was so grouchy as he opened a sliding door. 

We started to walk in, but Istan followed us in. "Hey! You don't have to come in!" I yelled at him. Istan closed the sliding door behind him. 

"You had better not cause any trouble for our prime." Istan seemed to be harsh. I frowned and crossed my arms. This guy seemed to be hating us already. "The Prime doesn't need to give kindness to the kind who left them for dead." His voice seemed more sinister than before. Wait- left for dead!? 

"What!? What do I have to do with anything with this 'kind?'" I asked him as he wasn't making sense. 

"Your stench. You can not fool me, human. It burns my nostrils as I remember the day clearly." Confusion made my head swirl. I had no idea what this guy was talking about. 

"Finn isn't apart of whatever left your prime for dead. I'm sure it's a misunderstanding." Jake tried to jump into the conversation to help me out. 

"Yeah! It wasn't like I was there!" I exclaimed. I hope this oversized bull would get it in his head.

 "I have low expectations for you." Then he just left the room. 

I threw myself down on the makeshift bed. "That guy doesn't have any idea of what he's talking about! I would never hurt their prime!" I exclaimed as it made me mad that the bull would ever think I'd be like whoever he was talking about. "Jake, do you think I'm like them?" I wanted someone to reassure me that I wasn't like those people. 

Jake chuckled. "Of course not. You'd probably would of saved them if you were there." Jake's words made me smile. 

*Third person*

You had lead Bubblegum to her private room. "This is a nicer room, so I hope you like it." You told her. She opened the sliding door to reveal a some what nice bed with a makeshift couch, table and chairs in it as well. 

"Our coming of age festival is coming up in a couple days. It's for all the young minotaurs who will have a feast all to themselves as well as other activities." You decided to tell her since she may of want to see it. She smiled. 

"Oh! A coming of age festival! When do minotaurs become of age?" She asked me. 

"It's when a minotaur turned 16. A delightful festival." You told her. 

"You're not much older than Finn, I assume. He's only 16." Finn was in fact, a human. You weren't sure if human years were like minotaur's or not, but if they were, you guys are close in age. Most of the minotaurs don't live well after age 35 unless they're powerful enough.

"Well, I had my ceremony a couple years back. I just only turned 18 a few days ago." You explained to her. "Then I will be having my prime ceremony a few days after." You also added since she seemed to be interesting enough. 

"Prime ceremony!? Oh! I would love to see what you do for it!" She exclaimed.

"I get to wear the horns and outfit of the first prince from long ago. Sad to hear he died, but it was a great death." You told her. You weren't exactly sure of how long ago it was, but probably before you were even born. "Alright, get some rest. We'll talk more in the morning." You told her as you left her to her room. You walked out of the main building and started to head towards your house. You stopped in your trail as someone stood in your way. "Istan." You said his name softly as you looked up. 

He stared down at you. "Prime. Why must you give your kindness to wretched  kind?" Istan asked. You weren't sure of how to answer. It was just in you to do that. All they wanted to know was how your culture worked. 

"They just wanted to get to know us. Why not give them some kindness for wanting to understand us? Is there nothing wrong with that?" You asked him, which he gave you a frown in return. 

"They were hiding in bushes before you called them out." Right, they were doing that. "They could do harm to you, Prime." Istan added on. 

You only sighed in response. "Istan,  please do not give our guests hate since one is a human." You slid your mask off. "You have to reme-" 

"I know, but you're different." Istan interrupted you. You placed your mask back on your face. "The Grand Elder chose you, because you will guide us." Istan stated. You heard that probably about a thousand times. "So I will try and respect your decisions about this human and any other one you may give your kindness to." You smiled as Istan was letting his pride go for this matter. 

"Thank you." Though, maybe you should tell him what Bubblegum said, though maybe it's best to let him think there may be other humans out there, causing terror or something. You have no idea what humans did in their spare time. You headed off to bed now. A peaceful sleep. A new dawn would await you, later.