Ch. 1 - CREATURES OF THE NIGHT

Start from the beginning

"It's not that we don't trust you..." Scott said as he pulled out his keys, "It's that I don't trust you." Stiles added. "But after that last full moon..." Scott trailed off, "It was one slip-up." Liam said and Stiles raised his eyebrows. "A slip-up? A dozen calls to the Sheriff's department about a monstrous dog boy running around the streets of Beacon Hills??? Naked???" Stiles said and Scott looked at Liam with a cocked eyebrow.

"Why were you naked?" He asked and Liam sighed, "It was really hot out that night, okay? Let me go!" Liam said. "You sure you're okay?" Scott asked and Liam nodded, "It won't happen again." He said and Scott raised his eyebrows.

"You're in complete and total control." He asked and Liam nodded again, "Yeah. Complete and total."

🎭

Kira stood on top of her parent's car in non-moving traffic, trying to find some kind of single. Her mother sighed softly at the sound of Kira's footsteps on the top of the car before sticking her head out the window. "Kira... Get back inside the car, please." Noshiko said making Kira look at her before jumping down.

She glanced down the road as some guy glanced back at her. "I'm not getting anything, either." He said and she smiled awkwardly before getting back into the car. "She's so out of your league." A girl said as she looked out of the window of the car he stood next to making him look at her.

"Thanks." He said and she smiled at him before slowly rolling up the window. A couple seconds later it started pouring rain making the guy roll his eyes and look at the girl as she laughed.

🎭

"Still can't reach Kira." Scott said as he walked up to Stiles in the hospital, "Okay, you reminded her about tonight, though, right?" Stiles said and Scott nodded slightly. "I think so... She only texted me once this week." Scott said making Stiles look at him with raised eyebrows, "Once? How'd you guys leave things when she left for New York?" Stiles asked.

"Well, they were good. Yeah, I just said, you know, 'Don't worry about anything. Just go and have fun'." Scott said making Stiles look at him crazy, "No... You told her to go have fun?" Stiles asked and Scott looked at him confused. "Why? What's wrong with that?" Scott asked and Stiles shook his head, "Just... I don't know... That can be interpreted a lot of different ways." Stiles said making Scott furrow his brows.

"Like what?" Scott asked and Stiles sighed, "Well, like, 'Don't worry, we're not exclusive- go have fun with other guys'." Stiles said and Scott shook his head. "No. No way." Scott said and Stiles turned to Malia, "Malia, if you were going away, and I told you "Don't worry, go have fun," what would you think I was talking about?" Stiles asked and Malia raised her eyebrows.

"Fun like bowling? Or sex with other guys?" She asked and Scott's eyes widened slightly, "Okay, yeah... Now, I'm worried." He said before a couple EMT wheeled a guy past them on a gurney. "Hey, Mom? Where's all this coming from?" Scott asked making Melissa glance at them, "A jack-knifed tractor-trailer on 115- caused a major pile-up." She said.

"Okay, okay, there's only one way back into Beacon Hills from the airport." Stiles said making realization cross over Scott's features, "115." He said. "Kira's never gonna make it." Stiles said and Scott shook his head, "I can get her. You guys head to the school. Lydia's probably already there. We'll meet you by midnight." Scott said as he started walking towards the doors.

"How are you gonna get to her in the middle of a traffic jam?" Stiles asked and Scott glanced back at them, "We'll make it. Trust me." He said before walking out.

🎭

"You know, there's a legend for a storm like this..." Mr. Yukimura said making Kira sigh, "Dad, please don't turn a three-hour traffic jam into an educational experience." Kira said.