[17] Family's dark past

Start from the beginning

After that, Yae told the head of your fathers clan that she will take her sister back with her and expose the clan to everyone in Inazuma, let everyone know how horrible they truly are.

The head of the clan became really quiet after that and that led to your parents divorce.

Half a year later after the divorce, your mother passed away from a sickness. When the news came, somehow your father heard and tried taking you away, but your grandparents (your mom's and yae's parents) refused and took you under their care.

Right after that, Yae took a close watch on you from afar or when your grandparents would contact her. There was still family problems between your father and grandparents, but that was the last you knew till you got taken to the Kujou clan.

"That was the last time I saw them before being taken away." You told after Yae explained the side of your family and what went down.

Dainsleif would look between the two of you while you talked, seeming curious and taking in the information to understand.

"Yes, because Baal wanted you to be in the Kujou's. Reason behind all this or perhaps, half of it: is due to your fathers and Baals selfishness. Both of them know we're special, we're not like normal humans."

You nodded, "wait but what does this have to do with Baal wanting me or, or what about Thoma? He's not the same anymore, he acts like he's being controlled." You huffed out, feeling frustrated.

She hummed while watching you, taking in your distress self. "I believe that he is. Same thing is happening to Baal, the real version of her is inside what is called: The Plane of Euthymia. Which she secluded herself 500 years ago. The current is just a mere puppet."

So, in a way you were right? Thoma is being controlled.

"Do you know who could be controlling him? Or both of them?" She looked off to the side, thinking of suspect.

She took a sip of her tea before speaking again. "Not entirely sure, but it could very well be your father."

"But why him? He doesn't know Thoma, does he...?"

At that, there was a long pause. She didn't speak yet was looking down at the table.

"Does. He. Know, Thoma?" You slowly and quietly gritted out each word. Inhaling deep and exhaling.

"Yes."

You turned to look at Dainsleif—out the corner of his eyes, he was looking back at you.

"And how does he know him?"

You really weren't expecting your horrible father to even know the boy from your childhood. Shaking and biting down on your lip, you looked at Yae.

"He met Thoma when he was just a child. He was in Mondstadt for a while before coming back here with him. It was, right after your birth."

The look in your eyes urged her to continue. It couldn't be possible—right? You met him when you were 6 and he was 8... how was that even possible.

"Thoma was two, close to being three years old when you guys actually met." As if she were reading your thoughts about the possibility of meeting much more earlier than you thought.

"Why did he bring Thoma here then?"

"He brought him here because while in Mondstadt, a person who were his parents, didn't want Thoma anymore. Thus, him taking your friend here." She explained, taking another sip of tea.

"What about the time I thought we met when we were six and he was eight? My first memories of him was meeting at a festival.." you furrowed your brows.

Yae took a deep breath and slowly nodded, more to herself. "Of course you were only an infant. With Thoma, it was slightly different from your situation. I'm suspecting your father wiped his memory."

Again. Is that even possible or even heard of? Having their memory wiped clean when just a child.

"Okay. How about the woman that's supposedly Thoma's mother? I met her a few months ago."

"Just a lady your father told to take care of him after coming back here again." She sighed.

So everyone surrounded around Thoma are based on lies. Does he know that?

"Alright Dainsleif, we're leaving. Now." Dainsleif stood and walked out the shrine.

Yae looked at you as you got up, "you sure you want to face him now?" She said, scanning your cold expression and then handing you a paper. It had the location of your father's whereabouts.

"Yes. He's going to have a good present coming." With that, you up and left.

__

UH not sure if I got the Baal part right? 😕
i tried but wow, theres still some more to uncover!