Seven

╔═══════ ೋღ🌺ღೋ ═══════╗

𝖂𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖋𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖞 𝖙𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖙
𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖙 𝖆𝖓𝖞
𝖉𝖔𝖚𝖇𝖙𝖘, 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖋𝖎𝖓𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖞
𝖌𝖊𝖙 𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖜𝖔 𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖚𝖑𝖙𝖘:
𝖆 𝖕𝖊𝖗𝖘𝖔𝖓 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖑𝖎𝖋𝖊 𝖔𝖗 𝖆
𝖑𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖔𝖓 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖑𝖎𝖋𝖊

╚═══════ ೋღ🌺ღೋ ═══════╝

[spring, year 1005]

━━━━━━━Cornelia

AT LONG last, the White Witch's palace fell to Aslan's army, her own forces agreeing to surrender unconditionally. Many other good things had happened during the time as well, with Narnia becoming more prosperous than ever before. This marked the beginning of what its inhabitants called 'The Golden Age' (though history books would claim the Battle of Beruna as the true beginning) and there was more communication among the countries than there ever had been in the past. The Pevensies' reign was largely accepted by all despite their rather young ages, their kingdom stretching from the borders of Terebinthia and Archenland to the mermaid kingdom and the Lone Islands. Much had been done in the span of five years and the ruling family was well and truly settled in their roles.

Each ruler became known in their own right, with Peter being respected as a good and honest king, Susan the socialite of the Narnian world and the most amicable Pevensie (though some contested that this title belonged to Lucy) and Edmund the most fair judge in (at least) the past two hundred years. Lucy had reserved the title of 'the favorite,' for the young queen never failed to have a smile on her face, her personality always welcoming and kind, and Cornelia was known for her strong sense of right and wrong as well as her loyalty to those she loved (or, as she insisted in Edmund's case, "liked a lot.")

Unfortunately, there had not been much movement on the soulmate front, with her and the boy remaining close friends throughout the time. This was, perhaps, hindered by the long periods of time he'd had to be away to help defeat the Witch's army and thus prevented them from spending as much time together as they would have liked. (It was still better than Peter and Acacia's case because the princess lived in an entirely different country and the king had only seen her in person twice Susan's initial party, though a flurry of letters were sent back and forth between the two.)

However, now that the war had come to an end, the boys would be home permanently until they were called away again, much to the delight of both their sisters— who were often worried about them— and Cornelia. Things settled down remarkably well after their victory and life returned to normal— or at least, as normal as it got in Narnia.

ೋღ🌺ღೋ

There were many things that Cornelia liked to do: read, spend time outside, have tea with Lucy and Susan, practice with her bow and arrow, watch Edmund and Peter in the training ring and even be defeated in chess by her soulmate. What was not on that list was sit in on council meetings.

They were dreadfully boring and not even talking animals or mythical creatures could make it better. The Centaurs' droning voices threatened to put her to sleep while the higher pitch of the woodland animals— particularly the squirrels— woke her right up, putting her constantly on edge. The topics were especially tedious as they discussed things like taxes and budgets that she had no particular interest in and couldn't bring herself to care about. It was slightly better when all five of them were in attendance but nothing except skipping the meeting entirely could make it good.