Seven

╔═════ ೋღ🌺ღೋ ═════╗

𝕴𝖙'𝖘 𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖞 𝖙𝖔 𝖏𝖚𝖉𝖌𝖊.
𝕴𝖙'𝖘 𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖊 𝖉𝖎𝖋𝖋𝖎𝖈𝖚𝖑𝖙
𝖙𝖔 𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖓𝖉.

╚═════ ೋღ🌺ღೋ ═════╝

━━━━━━━Cornelia

CORNELIA WONDERED if the day could get any worse. After being in such high spirits yesterday, things had only gone downhill from there and she was consumed with worry for her soulmate. She could still feel his emotions, though— anxious, afraid and angry— and that reassured her greatly. Still, it didn't make being auctioned off any better.

It was extremely humiliating being bartered for like cattle and all she felt was embarrassment as she stood on the platform next to Eustace. Lucy was in front, the trader's hand firmly on her shoulder as he listened to the offers.

"I bid sixty!"

"I bid eighty!"

"One hundred for the little lady!"

"Any more bids?" he addressed the crowd. When no one spoke, he looped a piece of wood around the girl's neck, "sold!" he announced as he pushed her to the highest bidder.

As the money was given to the man in charge, Cornelia was shoved roughly forward, her teeth landing on her split lip at the surprising force. She winced as she turned to glower at the man, "shove off!"

Her exclamation received chuckles from the waiting men as the slave trader put his hand on her shoulder, just as he'd done with Lucy. It was clammy and warm and utterly disgusting, "this one has quite the mouth on her so she'll need to be trained up a bit," (his words were greeted with appreciative chortles), "let's start at one hundred."

"One fifty!"

"One seventy-five!"

"Sold!" the trader said once no one else spoke. He placed the same wooden board over her neck before he pushed her towards the buyer.

Fuming, she glared heatedly at the man as he reached a hand out to guide her out of the way. Well, he really was just asking for it wasn't he?

Without hesitation, she leaned forward and sank her teeth into his fleshy fingers causing him to yelp in pain. She held on doggedly as the man tried to shake her off, twisting her head this way and that as he tried to dislodge her. Eventually, another man's fist came out of nowhere to knock her loose and force her to the ground.

Her head rang from the collision and her eyes swam which prevented her from seeing Eustace being auctioned off. Commotion suddenly sounded around her as she tried to get her bearings and she rolled out of the way of stomping feet just in time. Someone pulled her up, "on your feet, Your Majesty."

Cornelia blinked as the blurry image of Drinian appeared before her, but he didn't stay as he jumped back into the crowd, his sword drawn. A familiar voice sounded behind her, "Your Majesty!"

Unsteadily, she turned as she looked blearily at the Mouse that sat perched on one of the barrels, his small sword in hand. Slowly, she lifted her hands and he unlocked the cuffs with a sharp click! Before scurrying off too quickly for her to thank him. She rubbed her sore wrists gratefully before rubbing her eyes in an attempt to clear the fuzziness. Cornelia had barely gotten balanced from her turn before another voice spoke from the direction she'd just been facing, "and that's for disrespecting my wife."