Seventeen

╔═════ ೋღ🌺ღೋ ═════╗

𝕿𝖔 𝖋𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖊𝖛𝖎𝖑 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍
𝖆𝖈𝖙𝖎𝖛𝖎𝖙𝖞 𝖎𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖋𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌
𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖐𝖓𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖔𝖓𝖊'𝖘
𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖘. 𝕾𝖔 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖞𝖔𝖚
𝖓𝖊𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙, 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖋𝖎𝖙.

╚═════ ೋღ🌺ღೋ ═════╝

━━━━━━━Cornelia

TO SAY that she dreaded what the next few hours would hold was an understatement. The Dark Island was potent with the feeling of destruction, chaos and malevolency that could be felt even from outside of it. As the Dawn Treader sailed closer, the crew's feelings of hope and bravery began to be tested as the darkness within sought to corrupt their hearts.

"What do you think is in there?" the Minataur wondered aloud— the question that everyone was feeling.

"Our worst nightmares," Edmund answered immediately.

"Our darkest wishes," Caspian added.

"Pure evil," Drinian finished, his tone blunt as he turned to Tavros, "Tavros, unlock the armory."

"My lord," he agreed, walking away.

The captain called to the remaining crew, "archers, prepare yourselves!"

"Aye, captain!"

"Light the lanterns," Tavros demanded as he made for his destination.

"Let's get ready," the king announced.

ೋღ🌺ღೋ

Gael, Lucy and Cornelia were in their chambers following Caspian's order. The youngest girl sat on the bench placed against the wall, watching the older pair gear up. With practiced motions, Cornelia threaded the leather vest she was wearing shut over the white sailor's shirt she wore. Then, she bent down to make sure her boots and belt were secured before beginning on her hair, pulling the ash-blonde strands into a braid. Lucy was dressing similarly in front of the mirror, a small smile on her face despite their current situation.

"When I grow up, I want to be just like you two," the brunette whispered from her spot opposite them.

Lucy's smile widened and she turned to slowly approach the child, taking the seat next to her as she wrapped an arm around the girl's shoulders, "when you grow up... you should be just like you."

Cornelia followed with her own advice, "she's right, you know. The happiest you can be is when you're true to yourself."

As the girl left in search of her father to see him before the fight, the blonde turned to the youngest Pevensie, "Lu?"

"Yeah?"

For a moment, she wasn't sure what to say. She felt the need to express the love she felt towards her adopted family member, to tell her how grateful she was that Lucy was in her life. Coming to a decision, she stepped closer to the other girl and placed a gentle hand on her shoulder, "good luck, sister."

The brunette's expression softened and she rested her hand on top of Cornelia's, "and to you, sister."

ೋღ🌺ღೋ

Before collecting her bow and arrows, she made her way to the map room where Caspian and Edmund were preparing for the battle. Knocking lightly on the door frame to catch their attention, she looked over at the Telmarine, "may I have a word?"