Fourteen

╔══════ ೋღ🌺ღೋ ══════╗

𝕹𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖌𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗
𝖆𝖈𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖕𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖍𝖊𝖉 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖙 𝖒𝖆𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖌
𝖘𝖆𝖈𝖗𝖎𝖋𝖎𝖈𝖊𝖘

╚══════ ೋღ🌺ღೋ ══════╝

━━━━━━━Cornelia

UNFORTUNATELY, CAMP life left very time for her to talk to Edmund. Instead, she spent many hours with Susan and Lucy who, while they were extremely enjoyable company, were not precisely who she wanted to spend time with. She wasn't terribly disappointed, though, as they did get to practice with weapons she'd only dreamed about.

Using a sword was much more difficult than she'd thought as the blade was very heavy. It took great skill to swing it exactly the way you wanted it to and required strength- that she didn't have- to lift it. Even when fitted for one more her size, it was still quite hard. Her next practice weapon was one she was quite excited about- shooting a bow and arrow. She'd read several books about warriors who had used them from Legolas in The Hobbit to Robin Hood to even Greek mythology with the goddess Artemis. (As it turned out, book knowledge did not equate to practical knowledge.)

While the bow was still heavier than she expected and the string required much force, she found it at least easier than a clunky blade. Even if she hadn't hit the target on her first try, the arrows had landed near it so she considered it a success. Susan had also been gifted a set of bow and arrows from Santa- who was real. Cornelia half-wished she could've been with them to meet the famous man but she knew she wouldn't have made a different choice.

The eldest Pevensie sister seemed to be quite skilled at using her weapon as she actually hit the target, landing just off the center. Lucy applauded her happily and then took out her own gift- a dagger- and threw it towards the target, making a bullseye. At the two girl's success, Cornelia hardened her own resolve and lifted the weapon again, pulling the string back as the centaur had shown them.

She focused on the center, trying her best to feel the tug and pull of the wind on the shaft. Sticking her tongue out slightly in concentration, her eyes narrowed before letting the arrow fly. There was a slight thwap as it landed, far more on the outer ring than Susan's had been but at least she'd hit it this time. The blonde smiled proudly at her success as the two girls congratulated her.

Nearby, the boys were training on horses, swords in hand. On the first run, they passed each other before circling back to start fighting, "come on, Ed! Sword point up, like Oreius showed us."

Edmund followed Peter's directions, raising the blade to point it at his brother, "en garde!"

Cornelia watched as they made their first clumsy blows, clearly showing their lack of skill. Still, her smile broadened at the feeling of Edmund's happiness and she leaned lightly against her bow as she continued to observe them.

"Now block."

Before he can follow through, Mr. Beaver hurried over to their training area, causing Edmund's horse to startle, "Peter! Edmund!"

The blonde's eyes widened as the animal reared, lifting up on its hind legs. Edmund tried to calm him down, "whoa, horsey!"

"My name is Phillip," the Horse huffed in reply after settling back down.

"Oh, sorry," the dark-haired boy apologized.

"The Witch has demanded a meeting with Aslan. She's on her way here," Mr. Beaver informed the group.