Eight

╔═════ ೋღ🌺ღೋ ═════╗

𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖞 𝖒𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖊
𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖊𝖒𝖕𝖙𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖎𝖘 𝖆 𝖛𝖎𝖈𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖞.

╚═════ ೋღ🌺ღೋ ═════╝

AFTER A rousing duel between Eustace and Reepicheep— the latter having found the former stealing from the rations, the Mouse making it his goal to teach their cousin chivalry— they anchored in the next harbor

AFTER A rousing duel between Eustace and Reepicheep— the latter having found the former stealing from the rations, the Mouse making it his goal to teach their cousin chivalry— they anchored in the next harbor. (They'd also discovered an unexpected stowaway in the form of a young girl who was the daughter of their newest crewmember.) Caspian and Drinian ordered the longboats to be prepared so they could spend the night ashore. The evening was rather uneventful (at least compared to the previous days) and she was glad for the brief respite.

It allowed her some time to read with her feet buried into the soft sand of the shore after helping set up camp. Cornelia joined her shortly after, her own book in hand. Unfortunately their quiet camaraderie didn't last long as Edmund soon appeared and pulled his soulmate away (Lucy didn't even want to know what they were doing.)

The peace of the island lulled the crew into a sense of comfort as they remained unaware of the invisible beings that inhabited it. As everyone wound down for the night Lucy took some time to look up at the stars, admiring their shining light against the darkness of the sky. It was one of the things she'd missed most about Narnia— Cambridge hardly allowed her to see so many stars. Eventually, the mesmerizing view made her drop off to sleep.

ೋღ🌺ღೋ

She was rudely awoken early the next morning when a large, invisible hand was placed on her mouth and her body suddenly lifted into the air. She tried to shout for help but the only sounds she could make were irritated grunting noises as she squirmed against her captor. Similar movement caught her eye and she saw Cornelia in the same state. Well, at least she wasn't alone.

Then, in several bounding steps that made her stomach do somersaults, they were carried away from the group and towards the middle of the island. Once they reached their destination, the invisible beings dropped the two girls mercilessly to the ground.

Lucy let out another grunt as she was dropped while Cornelia went for a more vocal approach, her breath fogging in the slightly chilly air, "what the hell? I've had just about enough of being manhandled— that's the second time in nearly as many days! Come out and fight us you cowards!"

The youngest Pevensie had drawn her dagger while the other girl snapped at the beings. She rolled her eyes at the blonde's brazenness, strongly reminded of her own brother's tendencies and saw that Cornelia had failed to bring any weapons during her kidnapping. She tried to stand in front of the older girl (knowing she wasn't very good at close combat) but her dagger was knocked forcefully out of her hand.