Chillaxing

Mei sat in content silence on the couch as she listened to Yuzu playing the piano. She had started playing a little over a half-hour ago. Mei had been reading her book on the couch when after nearly an hour of scrolling through her phone from between Mei's legs, Yuzu got up and sat in front of the piano before starting a small tune.

She had stopped and started several times but Mei continued to watch in adoration as she attempted to make sense of the sheet music her girlfriend was playing from, not that it did her any good as she failed to even read the first line, whereas Yuzu just took fleeting glances before she went back to watching her hands, keeping the melodies up and filling the apartment with a soft tune.

And although Mei didn't listen to the same music as her counterpart, Yuzu seemed to like playing intricate classical pieces on the piano and for that Mei was thankful as she had been brought up around classical and jazz.

So both the strong fuller pieces along with the softer pieces Yuzu played, Mei enjoyed it all. She was still captivated every time Yuzu played for her, you would assume that she would have come to terms with it after knowing for several months now, but every time those slender fingers hit the keys of the burgundy instrument Mei's attention was immediately grasped.

It was late evening and after showering and getting ready for bed, the pair had decided to spend some time in the living room instead of just lying in bed until they got tired. Thankfully for Mei that meant that she got a wonderful display from her girlfriend that made her heart sore.

The fingers came to a gentle stop before Yuzu's perfect posture jumped around with a wide grin and a peace sign. "Waddaya think?" Her excited voice penetrated the so-far peaceful silence, her entire form now facing Mei to get her approval for her playing.

Closing her book entirely Mei nodded before standing up. "It was good." Placing her book on the table, Mei began to leave the living room for bed, but was stopped by a pout. "That's it? Hmph, even after I played the pieces you like the most, and I didn't even make any mistakes!" Yuzu huffed as she brought her feet up under her, crossing her legs as she folded her arms and stuck out her bottom lip in an attempt to get Mei's attention.

Mei sighed before turning back around to Yuzu, already expecting the pout she saw when she did, "You played well Yuzu, but boasting isn't necessary. I already know you can play well, fishing for compliments isn't attractive. I'm going to bed, are you coming now or staying up?" Mei spoke casually but she was struggling to stop the smile that was twitching at her lips. Yuzu oblivious to the teasing instantly lost her smile, a sour line taking it's place as she lost the energy behind her question.

Unfolding her legs but keeping her arms crossed, Yuzu stood from the stool and grumbled a "Fine, I'm coming," Under her breath before dragging her feel in disappointment across the living room. Mei felt a small pang in her chest as she watched a deflated Yuzu walk past her and down the hall.

"Your playing was lovely as always Yuzu, I was only teasing you," Mei said as she quickly turned the lights off and caught up to Yuzu before she reached the bedroom. Though it seemed that Yuzu didn't hear as she continued to sulk her way into the room, gentle kicking the door to the bedroom open as she refused to uncross her arms. Not seeing the point in stopping the amusing show quite yet, Mei watched with a smirk and leaned against the door frame, watching as Yuzu grumbled something under her breath as she sat on the side of the bed.

With her arms still crossed, Mei decided it was enough. "Are you finished being a child?" Her eyebrow raised, Mei's smile never faded even when Yuzu's head shot up in protest, but before Yuzu could complain to Mei, she had already begun speaking.