The Explanation

Mei watched Yuzu give a small smile as she placed herself on the desk in front of her. Mei waited in silence as Yuzu got her position right, still holding Mei's hands in her own.

"Mei, first off, I don't think you have been seeing anyone else or anything like that at all. I trust you more than that when I said I was jealous, it wasn't about seeing you with other people. It was about my... inability to do something that you could with ease." Yuzu had looked at Mei the entire time, who had looked right back and immediately noticed when the blonde broke eye contact.

Mei pulled her hands out of the blonde's grasp, placing them on her lap instead.

"Yuzu if you aren't going to be straight with me then I don't want to hear it. I've had enough games and lies if you have come in here to cover up some more you can leave." Mei had an authoritative voice as she stared at Yuzu. Yuzu shuffled uncomfortably under the strong gaze.

"I came in here because I didn't want us arguing about something that isn't worth arguing over." Yuzu was now looking directly at Mei again.

"Clearly it is. If it is futile to argue about it then how come whatever it is made you act like that? You were furious at me, now because I want to know what I have done wrong it suddenly isn't important? You are contradicting yourself, I didn't want an argument Yuzu but honestly, you've been lying to me for almost two weeks. I've had enough. I respected you wanted space last week when I pried, but you can't just blow up at me, give no explanation then act like everything is normal!" Mei was desperately trying to keep her volume in check, if she lost control then Yuzu would start shouting too and they wouldn't get anywhere.

"I'm trying to Mei. I've not been lying, as I said last week, I've dealt with it alone for years. There is no point in me telling you as you will make a rash decision that will inevitably end in you being sad. I don't want you loosing out on this because of me. Believe me, when I say you have done absolutely nothing wrong I mean it. You are perfect." Yuzu had reached to take Mei's hands back but she was swiftly denied the contact.

"What is it I would lose Yuzu? You aren't making any sense. You are skipping all the important details, I know as much as I did five minutes ago." Mei was growing significantly more annoyed at the blonde as she continued to dodge the question.

"Mei I-" Before Yuzu could even begin Mei had cut her off.

"No Yuzu! I want the truth. What is making you cry endlessly, have violent outbursts and lie to me? We are supposed to be a couple, you are supposed to share your burdens with me. Tackle them together, not bottle it up until you can't help screaming in my face and trashing the bedroom! ... What's going on? What do I need to do to make it easier for you, for you to open up to me?" Mei's voice had dropped notably as she asked her final question.

Yuzu was stuck still as if glue had her fixed in place, she watched Mei's eyes water.

"If I tell you it will have a chain reaction that will make you ups-" She was once again cut off.

"Can't you see that I am already hurting Yuzu? -Mei's voice broke- Watching you distance yourself from me, watching you suffer because of what I might do is heartbreaking for me! I want to help," A single tear had made its way over the edge of Mei's eye.

Watching you say that while crying is heartbreaking... Baby steps Yuzu, baby steps.

"Mei I... can't attend those music lessons with you. I don't want to go to them, I have no desire to play or be near a piano. I'm sorry," That doesn't sound all that bad when I say it out loud.

"Is that it? Nothing else?" Mei was confused, why was that so impossible for her to say? Surely not wanting to go to a lesson wouldn't make her vandalise her own room, that in itself didn't make any sense.