Misunderstandings

The fire was blazing strong while the four girls sat around it, it was pitch dark and the stars were in full bloom. Matsuri, although had intended to be sociable and talk to the others, had found it growingly painful not to be on her phone. Sitting with one earphone in and her phone in her hands, she leant back into Harumins shins who was sitting in a fold-out chair.

Yuzu sat sideways in a similar chair a meter away, her back leaning on one armrest, her legs dangling over the other. Mei was sat leaning back into Yuzu, her legs crossed on top of the blondes while reading a book, Yuzu's hands lying on Mei's stomach lightly patting her thumbs and fingers. Mei's book light slightly disturbed Yuzu as she tried to enjoy the light from the campfire but she didn't let on.

While the two less sociable girls amused themselves Yuzu and her best friend had a well-needed catch up; latest gossip about who got together with who or who had kids, Yuzu medical program and Harumi's family. The two chatted amicably for hours while Mei and Matsuri occasionally spoke up about certain topics.

"Yeah, I know It's kinda normal but has she really already had two kids? She's got to be what, 21 now?" Yuzu asked a nodding Harumin, who was playing with strands of pink hair.

"Yeah, I saw her last week. Her kids were adorable but c'mon, she has practically sold her life away for the next 16 years. The worst part is I heard that her husband is actually seeing someone else. It was an arranged marriage but that's still pretty low if you ask me, leaving her with the kids while he's away getting some," Harumin nodded to herself before looking back to Yuzu, who watched in shock as Matsuri allowed Harumin to actually fiddle with her hair. If she had tried to play with the girl's hair she would most definitely have been swatted away, even in high school Matsuri loved attention but wouldn't let her touch her hair in such a way.

"Ahem. May I remind you insensitive people that had things played out ever so slightly different, I would probably be in the same position. An unhappy, non-functioning marriage, possible children, no life of my own. All at the age of 20." Mei had looked up from her book and was glancing at Harumin with a raised eyebrow.

She felt the blonde tense slightly under her, her fingers stilled for the first time at her words but Yuzu didn't say anything, instead, Harumin was the one who spoke up. Mei assumed Yuzu was giving her a 'Get me out of this' look. "Ehh, yeah sorry Mei. But that didn't happen you have Yuzu and you're happy, so its all good right?" She let out a strangled chuckle with her words, hoping that Mei would just go back to her book.

Mei gave her one last look, "Yes," before going back to her book, where she felt the body beneath hers relax again. The fingers started up again returning to their relaxed playing pattern and she felt Yuzu pull in closer to her, "Sorry," Yuzu's voice was soft and calm making a small smile appear on Mei's face.

"Matsuri what time is it?" Yuzu asked, after a few moments Matsuri looked up from her phone. "Eleven fifty-three, not that late." She said before turning back to the glowing screen, her fingers moving rapidly.

"It's late enough, we need to go to sleep if we want to get up at a decent time tomorrow," Harumin said as she plucked the phone from the younger girls grasp, turning the phone off as she brought it to her lap.

"What the fuck Harumi! Give it back I'm gonna die!" Matsuri shouted as she scrambled to her feet prying at Harumi's hands. 30 seconds later Matsuri finally retrieved the phone, quickly turning it on she glanced over the screen before scowling at her smirking girlfriend. "Fuck sake Harumi, don't touch my phone when I'm using it. I was about beat my high score!" Matsuri scrunched her face up a still chuckling Harumin.

"Okay whatever you say, let's go to bed. We'll see you guys bright and early," Harumin smiled at the two before walking to her tent while Matsuri continued to brief her on the rules of touching her phone.