Injured

She could hear light sobs as her eyes fluttered open, her vision was still slightly cloudy, but as she quickly scanned the room, she instantly recognized that she was in a hospital. She could hear the constant 'beep' from a monitor next to her and although she couldn't see it right now, she really wanted to turn it off, the dull, repetitive sound was ear-piercing.

Yuzu instantly recognized those light sobs as the woman she loved, but why was she crying? And why was she in the hospital? She could feel Mei clutching onto her hand, and she tried to give her girlfriend a reassuring squeeze. She immediately felt the side of the bed Mei was leaning on rise and saw Mei come into her field of vision.

"Ugh" Yuzu tried to speak, but only found herself choking. Mei quickly left her only to return moments later with several nurses.

Yuzu shivered slightly at the sight of the tube that was removed from her throat, before looking back to Mei. Her eyes were red and puffy, her hair was a mess and she was still in her... pyjamas? Yuzu was sore but she couldn't help smiling at the sight of Mei standing in her pyjamas in a public place.

"Hey?" Yuzu didn't know what to say, she couldn't remember what had happened or why she was here, or even how she got here. The sound of Yuzu's voice was enough to put Mei over the edge as she felt tears spill over like they had done almost continuously for the past couple of hours. Mei ran over to Yuzu pulling her into a tight embrace, she didn't know what she would do if she hadn't woken up.

"Ow ow ow, Mei that's sore," at Yuzus rushed words Mei quickly removed herself from the girl as she waited for her to say something, but when no answer came from the blonde Mei thought she should say something.

"W-why?" was the only word that came out of Mei's mouth through her choked sobs, and to yuzu that didn't make any sense, she didn't even know why she was here and now Mei was looking at her with red eyes and an accusing look. Before Yuzu could question her, the door opened and several doctors came in.

"Good morning Miss Aihara, nice to see you're awake I'm Dr Messon. How are you feeling?" A cheery man in his 40s spoke as he shuffled round to take a look at her chart.

"Sore... I don't know why I'm here, and I hurt like, everywhere," Yuzu answered with a small smile as she gestured down her body, which earned her a glare from Mei. Which Yuzu returned with another questioning glance before turning her attention back to her doctor.

"Okay, Takahashi is going to present." The doctor said as he gestured to a small woman at the side of the room, who Yuzu thought must have been an intern going of her jacket.

"Miss Yuzu Aihara came in this morning at 12:15 with alcohol poisoning, most of the danger was passed after we pumped her stomach and put her on an IV drip. She was also found to have a small concussion from the fall as well as a fractured right shoulder and a sprained wrist, and some light bruising along the entire right side." when she was finished, she moved back to let the Doctor continue.

"Yes, so Miss Aihara, can you tell me what year it is, or the events leading to how you got here?" He smiled again as he politely waited for an answer.

"Ehh... it's 2019, and I remember leaving the house at about 9 or something like that... buying some alcohol from a shop and coming back home but that's about it. Sorry" Yuzu said sheepishly, she really couldn't remember, what amazed her the most was how she could have injured herself so badly and not remember it.

"It's okay that's not uncommon, I'm gonna go ahead and assume you have quite the headache right now?" he looked at her with a raised eyebrow, which she again nodded and smiled at.

"Last night you were brought here in an ambulance and after some help from your friends here, we were able to see that you had drunk an entire bottle of whiskey, she had also told us that she found you at the bottom of a flight of stairs. This is where we think you got your fracture and sprain from as they were most likely the point of impact when you fell. You have a slight concussion from the fall as well as some minor cuts and bruises." He paused as if to give Yuzu time to take in the information.