Do it For Mei

"Thank god we're home, I've been dying to go for a warm shower." Mei sighed as she shoved their dirty clothes into the washing machine.

"Then go for one, I'll put all this away then make us something to eat." Yuzu looked up from her bag that she was unpacking to give Mei a small smile. Mei didn't have to be told twice, she already had the washing machine on and was briskly walking to the bathroom.

Yuzu smiled as she shook her head at the desperate girl practically running down the hall. Within the first 10 minutes, she had already unpacked her bag and was moving onto Mei's, which was proving to be a much harder task than her own.

Mei had packed enough to stay the week, Yuzu found dozens of miscellaneous items in the bag. Why would she need a pack of shoelaces?

After Mei's bag was unpacked, Yuzu had the difficult task of putting the tent away. She knew where it was going just that spot was the top shelf of the closet, at least two feet above Yuzu's head. She could barely lift it onto her back nevermind over her.

Several failed attempts later Yuzu left the bag on the bedroom floor to wait for Mei and made her way to the kitchen to prepare something for the two. It had been long past 40 minutes when Yuzu was sitting patiently at the table for Mei, she was hungry and tired and Mei was taking a little too long.

Slowly making her way down the hall she knocked lightly on the door,

"Mei are you finished yet? Lunch is ready and I'm hungry so can you hurry up?" Yuzu said as she mentally rolled her eyes at how long Mei was taking. However, she got no reply from the younger girl, the only sound she could hear was the shower.

"Mei?... I'm coming in okay?" Opening the door Yuzu walked into a room full of steam that burned against her face pushing her back into the hall, the cloud shuffled out of the hot room. Yuzu was now slightly worried, Mei never let the bathroom stream up this bad.

Yuzu quickly opened the shower door to find it empty, turning the water off Yuzu gave the shower room one last look over before she stepped back into the main bathroom. Where she was met with the sight of Mei sleeping in slightly overflowing bathtub.

Her cheeks were pink and Yuzu could see trails of sweat on her forehead. Pulling the plug on the bath Yuzu tried to sit a floppy Mei upright. The bath was quite literally boiling, it was no wonder Mei had passed out after being in it for so long.

"Mei wake up, C'mon you can't stay in here," with the bath more than half drained and Mei showing no signs of waking up, Yuzu layed a towel out on the floor and using all her strength, poorly lifted Mei from the tub onto the towel.

Drying her as best she could, Yuzu slipped one arm around Mei's back the other hooked under her knees. Taking in a deep breath Yuzu stood up and quickly made her way to their bedroom, plopping Mei's still limp body onto the bed. Drawing the bedsheet over her exposed body Yuzu placed the back of her hand on Mei's cheek; she was roasting.

She checked her pulse; it was slightly elevated but nothing too concerning, Yuzu guessed she had only fallen unconscious a minutes or so ago. Lying her on her side, Yuzu flicked the air conditioning on and went to the kitchen to get a cold glass of water. Mei should be fine, as long as she hydrated her and she woke up soon everything should be fine.

When Yuzu walked back into the bedroom Mei was sitting up in bed, wearily looking around. Yuzu rushed over to Mei, placing one hand on her back she handed the water to Mei.

"Here Mei drink this," Mei, as instructed by the worried blonde drank the water. After drowning the entire glass Mei looked back to Yuzu who had shuffled onto the bed beside her.