Finally Playing

Things had been smooth sailing between the two over the past few weeks. There were no arguments over the PS4; Yuzu had dedicated the time when Mei went to her piano lessons to playing it, well mostly, she occasionally used it in the evenings. This way Mei couldn't get mad at her for playing or ignoring her, and it gave Yuzu something to do for the four hours when Mei was gone.

At current Mei had lessons on Monday mornings and Thursday afternoons. She was improving slowly and was always keen to show Yuzu what she had learned. Along with this Mei was putting in extra hours of practice throughout the week.

It had been over two weeks since Yuzu opened up to Mei about her troubles, but so far Mei hadn't seen Yuzu take on the advice she had tried to give her.

Is she ever going to play it? Mei was sat on their couch reading a book as Yuzu sat on the floor beneath her; eyes fixed on her phone. It was the fourth week into their summer break and Mei had returned from her afternoon lesson a little over an hour ago.

Over the past weeks, Mei had been continuously trying to get Yuzu to play, even if it was just a five-second example. This to start with surprised Mei, for two reasons: Yuzu actually agreed to play but only because it helped Mei, and that Yuzu could look at a piece she hadn't seen before and play it perfectly each and every time. The pieces she played were obviously easy but it still amazed Mei. She was slowly starting to get a good feel of how well Yuzu could play, well as much as she could from the small rhythms and rhymes she was playing.

Yet even with Mei's hard work, she couldn't find Yuzu at the piano unless she specifically called her over for help. When she had told Yuzu to push through her negatively she thought her girlfriend would take on her words, but it appeared that Yuzu was still avoiding playing by herself at all costs. Something Mei still couldn't quite put together, was that the blonde never seemed sad or annoyed when asked to help with, or listen to Mei's playing.

If she can do it with me then why can't she do it alone? These thoughts had churned in her mind for days, but she hadn't been able to bring herself to say anything. Yuzu had been in an exceptionally good mood this past couple of days, Mei didn't want to ruin that by bringing up this topic.

Yuzu had made it clear that she wasn't sure if she wanted to continue playing and asked for some time to figure it out, but how long was 'some'? Mei's growing interest in the instrument was making her more and more eager to hear something proper, something beautiful like Yuzu had described to her. Mei's tutor wouldn't play anything she didn't need to and focused solely on Mei's playing, so she was hoping Yuzu would have played something; She didn't.

"Yuzu?" Mei asked as she placed her book down, her legs wrapping around the blonde's waist and her hands lightly rested on her shoulders. She slowly pulled herself forward, bringing her arms around Yuzu's shoulders, her head now resting on her own arm as she gazing at Yuzu's pink face.

With Mei now hugging her from behind, and her long legs wrapped around her waist, Yuzu couldn't help it when her cheeks started to burn at the sudden action, especially when she felt her girlfriends gaze land on her.

"Y-Yes Mei?" Yuzu mumbled, quickly turning off her phone to look at Mei.

"Am I too close?" Mei gave Yuzu a smug smile as she pulled back slightly so it was just her hands on the blonde's shoulders.

"I wanted to ask you what your favourite piece to play, or used to be is on the piano," As Mei continued her confidence slowly dwindled away, and as she asked her question her voice became noticeably quieter. Yuzu let out a laugh, causing Mei to look at her confused.

"Sorry Mei, I didn't mean to laugh but you changed so quickly there..." After Yuzu caught her breath and relaxed from her fit of giggles, she turned around so she could face Mei. "I'll answer that if you tell me why you want to know," Yuzu gave a confident smile as she eyed a slightly pink Mei.