A Fun Game

This chapter takes place a week after the previous one, with only a day or two before summer break is over.

Just a heads up that this chapter will lay the dialogue on thick. If you aren't a fan of that skip this chapter as descriptions will most likely be few and far in between, mainly just a long ass conversation between our two girls.

The week had passed without a hitch, Yuzu for reasons Mei could only guess, had been extra considerate towards her: Making her a full breakfast every morning and extravagant dinner in the evening, a warm bubble bath at night, doing her chores and what Mei was enjoying the most was she had been pampering her with massages, kisses and cuddles before bed. Mei guessed this was Yuzu's way of apologising for the stress she had put her girlfriend through last Thursday, but Mei thought it was very unnecessary.

She very much appreciated the gesture and she couldn't deny that her back felt amazing thanks to the blonde's work, but Yuzu was spoiling her and she didn't like it. In Mei's eyes, it wasn't fair, Yuzu hadn't let her do anything since Friday morning. She would cook, clean, wash the dishes and laundry, the only thing she had let Mei assist with was the weekly shop, asking Mei to pick out her favourite things or tell Yuzu what she wanted her to make so she could get the right ingredients.

It was now Friday afternoon, Yuzu was in the shower and Mei was sat at the dining room table going over some material. Mei, however much she loved her special treatment planned on putting a stop to it today, she wanted to make dinner by herself and Yuzu for once, was going to do absolutely nothing. It was a little past four, giving Mei approximately two hours to make something. Standing from her chair, Mei briskly walked down the hall to the bathroom where she knocked once before cracking open the door.

"Yuzu, just to let you know that you can take your time and have a relaxing bath or something. I am studying in the living room and I don't want to be disturbed, so when your done would you mind spending an hour or so in the bedroom?" The little white lie slipped from Mei's mouth before she even had time to consider what she was going to say, but it didn't bother her all that much; she was going to be studying, just not all the time. Seconds after Mei had started talking, a dripping mess of blonde curls peeked around the glass door, a perplexed look on her face.

"I don't need a relaxing bath a shower is fine, can't you study in the bedroom? I am going to have to start making dinner soon, if I wait till you are done it will be hours until we sit down to eat." Yuzu said as she wiped water from her pink cheeks. Mei, however, didn't budge.

"No, I already have my stuff set up at the table and I am 'in the zone' right now, and I don't want to be in the bedroom. As for dinner, I don't mind waiting a little later than usual, I'm still full from the lunch you made. So just go to the bedroom, and go for a bath Yuzu it's been days since you actually relaxed." Mei walked past the blonde to the bath where she plugged it and started the water. On her way back she placed a chaste kiss to the bewildered blonde's lips.

"I'll call you through when I'm finished okay?" Mei smiled as she watched Yuzu rethink her argument. Before the girl could muster a reply, Mei had already backed out of the room and closed the door, heading back to the kitchen.

Mei already knew she was making the blonde's favourite: Spicy curry. Washing her hands and getting out Yuzu's personalised cookbook, Mei flicked to the right page and got out all the required ingredients. It was a fairly simple recipe, your standard curry but Yuzu had handwritten in several special ingredients to make it better. Red wine and grated apple alongside maple syrup, Mei, to begin with, couldn't see how any of these belonged in a curry but upon tasting it for the first time she literally fell in love with Yuzu again.