"No... there is more but I..." Yuzu once again looked away, Mei saw her fingers jump into a jumbled pattern of tapping on her leg.

"Mei, can we do this another time? Tomorrow perhaps?" And although Yuzu had stated it as a question she was already clambering down from the dark desk, heading for the door.

"No Yuzu, we are doing this now.-Yuzu kept waking- Do not walk out that door!" Mei's voice was harsh and commanding, anyone else would have had a panic attack and died from the cold tone. Yuzu who was usually immune to her icy tone, stopped dead in her tracks. Not wanting to find out what would happen if she continued.

"If you didn't want to go to the music lessons why didn't you say so? I could have just went alone, I said that the day I asked you if you wanted to go. What are you missing out, it just doesn't add up?" Mei's voice had lost its cold quality that was replaced by a confused one. She got out of her chair and walked closer to the blonde.

Yuzu shuffled on her feet.

"I... wanted to go with you so we could do something together, I didn't want to let you down. You seemed really eager for us to do it together and I didn't have the heart to say no... I got mad earlier because when I tried to play the piano I just couldn't. I tried I really did, for you, but I just couldn't play," Yuzu said as she turned her body to face Mei though her eyes still steered to the floor, her voice breaking slightly.

"But Yuzu isn't that normal? If you couldn't play a certain piece of music, maybe it was too advanced for you. I mean you have never played before, it's only natural that you would struggle." Mei placed a hand on Yuzu's cheek, trying to encourage Yuzu to look at her instead of her feet.

"It's not my first time playing. I can/could play the piano, but I couldn't today. I got mad because I couldn't play anything and you... you were so happy about playing, it was just like rubbing salt in an open wound."

"Y-You can play the piano?!" Mei was shocked still, her eyes went wide and her voice cracked. She hadn't expected that.

"I never said I couldn't," Yuzu was watching her feet intently. She wouldn't say it to Mei, but it stung slightly that Mei was so shocked to hear that the blonde could actually do something that wasn't flipping through a magazine. That was Mei's image of her before she chose to go to med school; A free, laid-back spirit that done as she pleased. Of course, Mei loved Yuzu unconditionally whether she had a thousand talents or none, but the surprise Yuzu could see on her face hurt just a little.

"But if you already know how to play why wouldn't you be able to play?" Mei worked through her bewilderment to asked a serious question.

Guess there's no backing out. - internal sigh-

"It's not that I can't physically play, more like mentally or emotionally. When I play or hear the piano I always feel a sort of emptiness, even when I talk about the piano I am reminded of it... I'm not sure how to describe it, its like I'm listening to this beautiful music, but I can't enjoy it. Emm... like eating your favourite ice cream but not being able to taste it. Wait no that doesn't work cuz I can hear perfectly... I don't know Mei, this is why I didn't want to talk about it. I can't put it into words." Her voice was so quiet at the beginning, Mei had to strain to hear her words property.

"I'm still not completely sure why, but if it makes you feel like this then why didn't you say something to me? I wouldn't have bought a piano, hell I wouldn't have even gone to the lessons. Yu-"

"That is exactly why I haven't said anything! You were so happy to start learning, this was the most excited I've seen you over something in ages. I didn't want to be the one to stop you from doing what made you happy. Even now, I will not accept you quitting. I don't care what you say, you are not and I mean NOT stopping something you are growing to love for me." Yuzu had looked at Mei for the first time since she had stopped her retreat from the room. Her eyes were stern, unwavering when they met Mei's violet orbs.