|93| ~ Operation Task Force~

Start from the beginning

Oh, Goddess! Abigail isn't as innocent as she appears to be. I can see a hint of good ole malice circling in her ocean eyes.

"You're trouble," I tell her with a sigh. Out of nowhere, my head hurts.

"No correction, Embry," her grin grows wider."We're trouble, double trouble, and it's time to teach your mate what happens when he messes with us."

"Us," I ask her? This girl is crazier than I thought.

Anastasia warned me about her. She told me not to allow Abigail's sweet looks to fool me. This girl
is cocoa, cocoa, cocoa for co-co puffs crazy!

Gosh, I miss Anastasia so much! Abigail also advised that she's safe and sound with her beloved. I can't wait to see her again.

"Yes, us Embry! You're my friend and I don't play about my friend, regardless. I may just be a human but I have connections," Abigail's sweet voice overtrumps the voice inside my head before she heads towards the closet.

Connections?! What does she mean?

I watch Abigail curiously as she grabs two leather jacks, two pairs of knee-high boots, two black knitted scarves, two pairs of leather gloves, and two black knitted hats. Then, she throws me a thick, wool, and black oversized sweater and hands off the other items of clothes.

"First thing first, we have to be ready to survive the cold. You see in this day in time were so underestimated," she goes on to say before putting on a pair of boots that she just grabbed.

Abigail then hands me the second pair."Everyone knows that humans are unable to protect ourselves and most of us tend to stay to ourselves but the smart ones, like myself, are fully aware of the power within bonds," she tells me with a straight face.

I may be taller than Abigail but we're both the same weight. Although I am curvier than her it still doesn't come as any surprise that I can fit her clothes, even though her oversized sweater is just a short sweater on me. I feel kind of naked.

My long legs are very exposed. I try to keep that out of mind as I place the leather jacket on. Although, my wolf isn't complaining.

She feels free! She just loves to be naked.

"What do you mean by saying you have connections," the question comes to mind. "Who do you know, or better yet what human who would dare to go up against my mate, or yours, other than Claire?"

She burst out laughing. "Oh, you'll be surprised she says. "Yes, it is true that the golden hair chosen is known to have more balls than most, and so do her relatives."

"Her relatives," I'm so lost. "What relative? What on heavens earth are you talking about?" I question her.

"Claire relative, her brother in fact," she says like it's no big deal when it is. Everyone knows, that humans are bred in the land of the breeder. In this day of time, humans don't have relatives. They don't have parents or siblings for that matter. It's unheard of.

"But I thought that humans don't know any of their kin," I state out loud as I try on the pair of boots that she handed me. Now, these are too small, but no biggie! I'll rather be bear feet anyway. With that thought, I throw the boots back into her closet.

"We don't," she informs me with a smile. "But as we are all aware by now Claire's situation is uniquely different. She's special," she admits with a shrug. "In fact, she's so special that she has a brother, a twin brother at that, and as I told you before I'm connected."

"Alec and I are like best friends. We grew up together. Alec, myself, and Sam," she whispers out the last name and it's more than evident that it pains her to say her friend's name out loud.