Epilogue

'Come on! You're taking ages!' Grian stood impatiently, waiting for Jevin to arrive. A couple of months had passed. Hermitcraft had returned to a new normal. A subdued, half-abandoned normal, but still a form of normal. Grian was admin, and was telling everyone who told him otherwise that Xisuma did a much better job. He also joked that the best thing about Herobrine's arrival was the fact that DerpCoin was now rendered a dud currency. 

Jevin finally left his base, smiling at the winged hermit. Some hermits still didn't trust him after killing Stress, including himself. But he and Grian had become closer. 

'Should we go then?' 

'I guess we should.' 

After a few button presses on his fancy communicator, Grian opened up a portal. He looked back at Jevin before entering two of them stepped through. 

They stepped out in a world both had become much more accustomed to after a few visits. Grian smiled, the more serious demeanour he'd taken up as admin disappearing. He ran down the centre of the room, calling his friend's name.

'Hey, Cub! Did you miss us!'

'Grian!' Cub smiled, jumping down from his throne and hugging the small hermit. 'How's everything going?'

'Great!' 

'I'm here too, you know.' Jevin stood in the doorway, smiling, hands in pockets. 

'Hey, Jevin!' 

The trio continued the conversation, unaware of a figure watching them from the rafters. They deserved a moment of happiness. Let them think he was gone. They'd helped him enough as it was. But he would return. Eventually. With a smile no one could see, he disappeared. 

Herobrine left the game. 

It is now over. 

Now it's onto the other book where I'd got the original idea from my Spotify playlist! Woo! 

See y'all in another book!