Chapter 31

...seeing that number just looks wrong. 

But at the same time it doesn't. 

False signalled for Pearl to follow as they finally found where Gem was hiding. The battle was still raging behind, and until they saw the messages in chat, they didn't think anything would be wrong. 

G̴̳̏́͂ò̴̧̦̘̙͔͐̒̋̌̍͠ơ̸̯͖̦͚̻͍̬͈͍͐͂̈́́͆͑̊d̸̯̼̯̝̠͍͔̮̀͐̒̀́͛̂͜t̷̛̮̖̭̜̼̫͕̭̓͆̃̋̅̊̔̇̎i̵̲̹̤̽̐͝m̵̠̮̩̟͕̘̠͎̓ĕ̸̥̬̆w̸̡̮̲̬̮̖͚͗͊̍͐͐̃̑́͌͜͝i̵̫̎̈́͆̿͊̆̽̿́̌t̷̡̺̘̮̗͚̖͍̽͊̓ẖ̸͈͎͕̖͂̈́͌̍̄͌͗̎̀̄ͅͅS̴̥̝͈̩̥̥͇͛͂̏͠͝c̷̗̯͎̯͙̄͂̂͌̊͑͘̕͠͝a̸̺̩̞͇͑̅͒̓̌͋̽r̸̛͇̤̦̭̟̯̗̉̋̏̈́̔̊̚̕͝ ̵̡̹̫͚͍͖̞͎͓̿̓̈́̊̌́͊̄̾̚l̷̯͈͓̦̼̄͑͌e̸̛͇̞̗͎̳͍͙͉͆͂́̈́͝͝f̴̛̮͒̒͑̀́͌ͅt̴͓̯̲̖͊͐̽̋͠ ̶̜̦͈͎̤͓͔͔̯͑̈́̿t̸̡͉͕͚̳͈̦̺̞̬̅͐h̶̛̻̺̮̑͒̊̈è̸̖̼̩̻̤̱̣̤̳̈́̇̈͒̋͒̚͜͝ ̶̖̺̠̈́̇̀̿̄̾͛͠ĝ̶͍͖̙͖͇͖͂̌͐̓̾͗͌͑̈a̸̧̯̰͓͉̅m̶̧̧̝̠͈̻̈́͋̔̑̓̈́͝é̸͕̫̜̞̗͓͓̘̑͆̽̑̈̚ͅ

Cubfan135 left the game

Grian left the game. 

'I'm not even going to question what's going on over there.' Pearl shook her head, closing chat, before joining False at the edge of the vex-cathedral. Gem was below them, alone, in what appeared to be a training area. With a nod at Pearl, False jumped down.

'Ooh! New friends!' Gem beamed as the blonde glided towards the ground, sword out, ready to attack. 

'Yeah, new friends. That's right.' Pearl leapt down on the other side, turning into a cat to land before shifting easily into a lion, snarling. Gem turned, wary. 

'Well, this isn't very nice!' She pouted. The staff she used to turn them and their friends into animals was in her hand. Pearl lunged straight towards it. 

Gem dodged, yelping. False ran straight for her, slicing. The ginger hermit replied with a tangle of vines, coiling swiftly up her leg and pulling her to the ground. False cried out as she hit the ground, wings raised, trying to fly out. Pearl yelled her name as she glitched back to herself, throwing a knife at Gem. It struck her arm, and vines disappeared, letting False escape, raising her sword, and knocking the other newest hermit unconscious. 

'That should do it.' 

Behind the chaos of the battle, Hypno crouched, safe behind a wall of vex magic Cub had hastily thrown up to protect him and TFC. He still watched Jevin, who was currently remaining true to his word of loyalty, attempting to kill Etho. Tango and Doc had arrived, looked comically between each other, and remained at the sidelines. Skizz hadn't noticed either yet, too busy recovering from a nasty cut down his shoulder. Hypno had decided against telling him. 

Vintagebeef was slain by ZombieCleo 

The message appeared in chat, right under Cub and Grian's departure from the server. Cowards, or trying to find Herobrine, who was also gone. Hypno fired another couple arrows towards the zombie as she looked for another challenger. Iskall quickly took Beef's place, fighting her and an armour stand bodyguard at the same time. Tango chose this moment to swoop down, joining him. Hypno glanced over at Skizz, who was preparing to head straight into the fight again, sword in hand. Still oblivious. 

Jimmy crashed into the defences, and Hypno shot back to focus. He and Martyn were still fighting somehow, despite severe injuries from the former that most hermits would've found healing for by now. TFC threw a potion at him, and it splashed, giving off a quick relief. Skizz jumped over the vex-magic battlements, distracting Martyn while Jimmy recovered.