Chapter 7

GoodtimewithScar: Grian.

GoodtimewithScar: Come to my base.

GoodtimewithScar: Now.

Grian froze as he saw the messages come into chat. He'd apparently finished talking to Bdubs then. And now it was his turn to meet with the definitely-not-evil tycoon. He grabbed his rockets, took off, and flew right over to Cub's base. 

'Cub! CUB! Scar wants to talk to me and I don't know what to do!' He burst out with as he landed. The vexling poked his head out of the storage area of his base. He wore black robes with blue embellishment over his now-normal shirt and tie, and was holding his vex mask.

'Grian?'

'Scar wants to talk to me.' 

'What? Now?'

'Yes. What should I do?' 

'Go and see what he wants.' Cub flicked open chat. 'I'll see you there once I'm back. I promise.' 

'Back?'

'From the Vex Cathedral. It's the easiest way to get to the Evoker.' 

'Good luck. We'll both need it.'

'Scar?' Grian entered the room he'd found beneath his friend's starter base, sword in hand. 'Are you there?'

'Hello, Grian. I see you've already failed.'

'F...failed?'

'I sent the message ages ago. What took so long?'

'I was talking to Cub?' 

'Ah, Cub. I'll be speaking to him after I'm done with you.'

'What do you want? What's going on?' Grian asked. 'Scar, what happened to you?!'

'Why does everyone call me Scar?' Scar sighed back. 'Just because it's the name of the player I'm using to return doesn't mean I wan to be called by his name.'

'What have you done with Scar?' Grian growled.

'He's still in here somewhere. But I'm in control. And please, call me by my name.'

'What's your name?' 

'Scar' smiled, before answering. 

'H̴̨̜̜͕̘̻͈̬̜̫͍͛̓̎̿e̵̻͓̭̮̫̜͗̆̇̔̅͛̂́̑̊̍͝͠r̸̲̤̲̺͔̝͒̑̓̏ö̷͕́̐̿̈́͊͂̓͌̽̎͝b̸̢̫̬̞͚̠̦̤̠̟̟̈́̅̅̏͂̉͘͝͝ŗ̸̧͍̰̫̬͓͔̮̭̬̦̣͖̚͜ȋ̵̛̗̖̥̪͚̤̟͋̂̾̀̈̇͆̎̎̃͠ṉ̸̛͔̳̖͕̹͓̲̭̓̈̀̈́͐́̔͝ę̸̢̢̧̲̫̲͓̫̻̝̩͓̞̬͆̈́̃,'

Grian's eyes widened at the name, before narrowing them again.

'No you're not. Herobrine's just a ghost story told to stop players going out alone.' 

'Oh, I am very much real.' His face glitched, revealing the glowing white eyes of Herobrine for a moment. 'And don't worry about your little server. I'll let you see what I've done before I kill you.'

The floor gave way beneath Grian, and he fell down into a hole. Herobrine laughed. 

'Try and get out.'

The builder pulled out some dirt, and began trying to build out. But every block he placed disappeared before he could climb onto it. He tried to fly, but nothing worked. No fireworks, not even desperate flapping would work, while Herobrine continued laughing.