Chapter 5

They watched as the hermit spends the next days alone. 

Everything was falling into place perfectly. The attitudes of the others couldn't have been planned better, even if some of it had been forced in just the right way to make the meeting work well. It had been especially interesting to find out that it wasn't actually the real cat that was killed, it was a clone. But it didn't matter for the hermit, since he hadn't stayed long enough to find out. 

They were the hermit's only company, they realised. A wizard and a glitch. Only talking in dreams. They also realised that they weren't wanted here, since the hermit had stopped trying to sleep, growing tireder as the days passed. Sometimes he tried to leave his little wagon, walk around, stand watching his friends talking, unknowing that he was there. They would follow, and watch too, ever present, never going away. 

Soon.

Soon they would be back. 

Returned to how they should've been. 

Everything was slowly falling into place. 

Tensions were rising. 

Suspicions were growing.

And soon, they would control it all.

Scar lay on his bed. Most of the server knew about what had happened, and the only option he'd come up with was hiding. But he wasn't alone. He was never alone. Sometimes a glitched voice spoke to him in his dreams. Speaking of revenge, and return, and stuff he didn't want to do. He never wanted to hear it's cracked, malicious voice again. So he wouldn't give it the chance to talk. 

His eyes slipped closed for a moment, but Scar forced them to stay open. He'd worked long nights on his builds before. He knew he could survive a long time without rest.

Scar yawned, staring up at the ceiling. He knew the glitch was watching him still. It was always here. No matter what he did. But it didn't matter. He rolled onto his side, eyes wide, looking over at the book. The damned book. The thing that had caused all of this. Scar snatched it up, throwing it across the room as far as he could it. It fell open against the wall, refusing to break. Squiggles of galactic filled the page. Scar glared at it, unable and unwilling to read what it said from his bed, especially as tears blurred his vision and he began to cry. 

''̶̨̨̲̖̘͍̰̰͂̇̆ͅH̷̥͕͉͖̲̫̫̀̆͜ę̸̨̜͔̰̖͚̯̯̍̅̉̎̔̇̀̕̕͜l̶̫̩̜̣͓̩̀͊̍l̷̡̨̲̗͕͑̾̓̄̌̅̓̒́̏̋͆̏̈́͝ơ̸̬̣͔̤̼͓̤̟̬̟͈͋͊̎͒̓,̶͉̥̐̕ ̷̛̛̟̘͔͎̹̭͉̣̼̇̓̐̒̿̾̌́͒͒̾̕͠ͅS̴̺̳̰̟͍̖͎͈͆͆̇͜c̶̬͍̞̠͉̠̪͍̗̲̭̱̼̲̼͂́͛̏͒́̾͗͛̕͝ạ̷̛̬͎̩͚̳̭̠͇̻̪͙͙͓͔̿̇͌́͋̇͋̌̍̓̚̚̕r̸̳͖̬̯̤̰̭̱͓̮̖̍͆̋̋̑̈́͝ͅ.̵̛̞͇̓́̈́̈̌̾'̵̨̨̧͎̦̜̭̦͚̮̦̙̤̲̎͋̉̾̄ ̸̧̨̛̰̪͔̗̬̬̱̑͛͛͐̆̓̽̉'

He looked up as the voice spoke, as though he could see where it came from, but to no avail. 

'̵̢̢̢̹̦͍̠̭͚̝͙̎́͋͑͊D̶̥̦̻̔͐͆͗̊̎o̶̧̠̲̩̯̲̫͈̮̭̿͐̑̈́̈́n̴̠͕͍̈́͌̏̈́̿͋̃̈́̄̕'̸̨̡͕̻̦̦̬̤̳̱̦͚̫̒t̴̛̙̫̲̲̹̮̟̟͆̌̃̀͋̓̏̃͒̃̌͛͂ͅ ̷̣̟̱̹͈̥̬͇̱̻̞̤̭̀̈́̄̌̋̑̋̈̄́̌͘͘̚̕b̷̳͖͍̖̖͙̫̫̳̆ͅe̶̲̘̠͇͇͛̋͑̽̉̿͐̚ ̷̛̻͚̠͎̲̮͔͔̭̪̟̘̦̪̈̈́͑̍̾̔̐̈́̄͗͆͘ͅś̷͖̠̗͉̿̾c̶̢͔͈̫͖̯̒͐͗̄̾͐̔̄̀͘̕͝a̵̺̗͍̥̯̙͖̗͆̈́́͌̊͋́͋̀r̵̤̗̟̪̱͇̾̎̊̽́̅̄́̈́̇̓͒̃̅̚͜͜e̵̤̬͚̯͔̜̮̣̠̔̿͆́̇̒͌̕͜͝ḋ̷̨̼̟̬͈̲̱̞̱̣̗͔͉̓̋̐͊́́̈́̈͘ ̵̲̬̹̻͆̒͐̃͛͋͗͒͆̇̽̎̇̂̚͜ơ̵͕͉̻͛̈́͗̆̍̈́̃̔͐͘f̸̢̢̼̫̦̣̝̯͙̗̺͔͎̱͑̉͐̆̇̏́̍̾̓͝͝ ̵̫̤̩̱͉̘̞͋̌͌͊̀̂̐̾̄̓͘ḿ̵̛̠̲̣̻̘̝̙̄̓͛̉͑͘͜ͅẹ̸̡̡̫̤̻͔͚̞̤̽̏͗͜.̸̻̯̪̦͘͝ ̷̠̗͖̩̰̞̮̖̪̪͉̭̯̃̀͠Ï̵͙̽̂̈́̆̽́̽͝͝͠ ̴͖̲̝͖̎̓̓̐̆̾̓̇͘͜c̴̨͎̞̪̻͍̣̜̒͗͛́́̿̽̅̇͋͋ͅa̵̙̓̎͆̕n̶̠̟͕̠̘͚̫̲̬͂͗͌͛̈́̿̾̀́͝ ̷̛̦͖̀͊̎́̊͛́̏̄̓̚͠h̴̢̨͇̱̳̣̫̳͎͓͓̠̺͊ͅe̶̢̢̛̦͇̫̗̜̰͖̣͇̤̋͗̈́̏́͋͆̕͜͠l̴͉͙̗̫͈͇̓̇̎̓̾̓́̋͘͜͝p̸̗̦͍̘̹̭͉̖̫̗̻̖̟͒̚ ̸̘͉̤͚̮̼̝̮͙̋̓͜͝ÿ̴̢͇͙͓̩̼̤̠̙͉̫̗́̅͛̍́̀͌̐̔͋͛o̷̢̲̱̫̪̳͖͚̺͍̱̮͍̿̿̓̄̀̎̓͜u̴͓͎̮̮̻̬̥̼̭͋̎̊̎̍̈́͐̊.̷̛̻̱̰̙̊̑̀̉͑͛̍̈́͊̓͌'̶̛̘̞̳̣̰̖̘̣̞͕̠̩͛̄̔͐͊̐̀̾̓͒͛̍͊̍