Akuhigu: The chalet's warmth

Mulai dari awal

Strange sounds reached her ears and she stopped on her tracks. It didn't seem a human sound. In that moment, she thought she was in danger. Her stomach churned again.

Her eyes opened wide, as the ground broke beneath her. "Wha-?!" She didn't knew she ran on a torrent, until she saw ice flying near her. Higuchi touched the freezy water.

When she fully realized what happened, she saw water before her eyes. She began to swim to get air. She put her head back outside the creek. Her breath was short. Although she was reluctant about staying in the water longer, for it was so cold to numb her senses, she had to, for the ice was too broken to walk on it. She quickly swimmed to the shore, breaking some ice that was obstacoling her.

Higuchi, when she got out, wasn't feeling well, but she didn't mind that much, and continued to ran.

She continued to ran, even though she felt the coldness even more bitter, now that she was soaked.

"Senpai..." She mumbled in an attempt to find him. "...Senpai! Senpai! Senpai!" Higuchi yelled, more and more loudly, even if her throat hurted and her voice trembled. She continued to yell more and more, until her voice was gone.

She was almost certain she wouldn't have made it in time anymore. Higuchi fell on her knees, as she was about to abandon the idea.

An image crept in her mind. It was of a black coated lad, who gave her the coldest of all the gazes.

'No... I cannot let myself being weak!' Higuchi thought, as, with tiredness, she stood up again. 'I have to find him! He can't die, I won't allow it!' She wandered, like a desperate, in the woods, until she saw a heap of snow, bigger that the usual. She went there and began to dig her hands in it, to see why it was so.

Higuchi saw something black, and more eager, she discovered faster the figure that was there, thinking and hoping it was her senpai. To her luck, it was him.

With a sigh of relief, she got him on her shoulders. He breathed, so he was, indeed, alive. She brought her lamp closer to him, and it gave him some kind of warmth, since it was on for a few hours, that seemed an eternity for her.

She hadn't something to cover him. On a normal day, she would've offered him her coat, but it was soaked wet, so it would've just got him colder.

So she kept running. She had a quite good orientation sense, so she didn't get lost and, somehow, she was able to return to the chalet.

She opened the door, making some snow enter in it.

"Oh! Big sis! Big bro! Ya got us wor-" Tachihara, who was waiting by the door, exclaimed, but Higuchi, as she entered, fell on the ground. She was cold, sore, tired... She was in a warmer place, with her senpai on her back... Now, she could finally sleep, without worrying about him. "Big sis!" He yelled, alerting Gin, Hirotsu, Mori, Chūya and Kōyō. Kajī was too occupied with Elise and Q, playing around in the chalet, doing their strange things, to mind them.

"Don't worry about me... Just help senpai." It was the only phrase she said, before blacking out.

"Gin-kun, Kōyō-kun and myself will help Higuchi-kun. Tachihara-kun, Hirotsu-san, Chūya-kun, you'll aid Akutagawa-kun." Mori said in a kind of worried manner, still, it was placid.

She felt sorrow, and she changed from cold to hot and from hot to cold, in a few second. She saw black, until she decided to clush her eyes open, even if it felt tiring. A warm sheet was covering her body. She wore totally different clothes, it was her pajama.

"Higuchi, you finally woke up." Kōyō said, seeming sort of relieved. Higuchi tried to sit up, but she told her not to. "Do not. You have to rest, you caught an amazing cold." Kōyō stood up, watching Higuchi sweat in the sheets, her cheeks tinted in deep red for fever, as she accomplished the order she's just received. "Such a pity you've put yourself in between Akutagawa and the boss' decision... You wouldn't have got this bad, if you stayed here... Not that I don't see the reason, however..." She muttered with a nostalgic look. Higuchi reminded her of someone she knew well, too well, but would've never told who in particular.