Chapter Two: John Watson

A couple of hours passed, Sherlock and Lorenzo continued with their game, they changed the types of games and he even got him to answer riddles

Someone then walked in, it was Mike Stamford, who
is a doctor. Mike had someone with him, a man who walked on a cane, limping a little. It seemed Sherlock was reading him and so was his brother.

"Mike can I borrow your phone? There's no signal on mine." Sherlock said.

Lorenzo smirked and crossed his arms, knowing that Sherlock just doesn't want to use his phone.

"Uh, what's wrong with the landline?" Mike asked confused.

"I prefer to text." Sherlock replied.

"Sorry, it's in my coat." Mike said.

John fished in his back pocket and took out his own phone; he cleared his throat "Er, here. Use mine." He offered.

"Oh. Thank you." The curly haired man said surprised. Glancing briefly at Mike, he stood up and walked towards John.

Mike introduced him, "It's an old friend of mine, John Watson." Motioning to the man next to him.

Sherlock reached John and took his phone from him. Turning partially away from him, he flipped open the keypad and started to type on it "Afghanistan or Iraq?" He questioned the man.

John was confused, "... I'm sorry, what?" He asked.

"Which was it? Afghanistan or Iraq?" Lorenzo then asked rolling his eyes, before Sherlock was going answer him.

"Afghanistan. I'm sorry, how did you two kno--" John was cut off when Molly walked in with Sherlock's coffee.

"Thank you, Molly!" Sherlock said and took the coffee from Molly after handing John back his phone.

"What happened to the lipstick?" Sherlock asked.

"It....Wasn't working for me." Molly said.

"Really? Really? I thought it was a big improvement! Now your mouth's too small." Sherlock said making Lorenzo laugh.

"Uhh... Okay then.." Molly said Awkwardly and left the room.

Sherlock went back to his seat with his coffee and sat down,"How to do you feel about the violin?" Sherlock asked, directly at John.

"Sorry? What?" John asked confused.

"I play the violin when I'm thinking, and sometimes I don't talk for days on end. Would that bother you? Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other." Sherlock said, "Oh and Lorenzo plays the guitar when he's thinking or when he annoyed."

Lorenzo just crosses his arms and stares at John, "Hey." He said.

John smiled at the teenager awkwardly, then John looked at Mike, "Did you tell him about me?" John asked.

"Not a word." Mike said with a knowing smile.

"Then who said anything about flatmates?" John asked and looked over at Sherlock.

"We did." Sherlock said, talking about Lorenzo and him, "I said to Mike this morning, that I was a difficult man to find a flatmate for. Now he turns up after lunch with an old friend clearly just home from military service in Afghanistan. Wasn't a difficult leap." he explained.

"How did you know about Afghanistan?" John asked.

'He sure does ask questions a lot' Lorenzo though rolling his eyes.

Sherlock ignored the question, and wrapped his scarf around his neck, then picked up his mobile and checked it, "We have a little place in central London. It's getting difficult to afford it on my own but together it will be fine." he walked towards John, "We'll meet there tomorrow evening; seven o'clock. Sorry - gotta dash. I think I left my riding crop in the mortuary."

"No, I have it!" Lorenzo answered pulling it out from behind him, "It almost hurt me when you forgot about it." He said faking sadness.

Sherlock grabbed it from his hand, "Can't let you have that." He said shaking his head.

"Is that it?" John asked confused.

Sherlock turned back "Is that what?"

"We've only just met and I'm going to move into the flat?" The doctor asked skeptically.

"Problem?" Lorenzo asked carelessly.

"We don't know a thing about each other. I don't know your names. I don't even know where we're meeting!" John said.

Sherlock and Lorenzo smiled, loving this part, "I know you're an army doctor and you've been invalided home from Afghanistan." The teenager said.

"I know you've got a brother with a bit of money who's worried about you, but you won't go to him for help because you don't approve of him, possibly because he's an alcoholic, more likely because he recently walked out on his wife." Sherlock said.

"And I know that your therapist thinks your limp is psychosomatic, quite correctly, I'm afraid. That's enough to be going on with, don't you think?" Lorenzo said, smirking.

Sherlock and Lorenzo turned around about to walk out until Sherlock turned to John, "The name's Sherlock Holmes, and this is my brother Lorenzo Holmes, and the address is 221b Baker Street. Afternoon."

As the door slammed shut behind him, John turned and looked at Mike in disbelief.

Mike smiled and nodded to him."Yeah" he said, "they're always like that."

John only looked in disbelief. That boy and man had deduced him as if those facts were pretty much in a paper and they were reading them.

He had never met anyone like them.

__________________________________
PLEASE VOTE!! :)

.