He quickly catches up to you. «I've got great stamina,» he says and winks at you. «Oh really?» You reply with a smirk. «Where it matters,» he says teasingly. Your mouth falls open. He's vulgar.

«What do you want?» You say, and feel your breathing getting heavier. «To take you out,» he replies. You smile at the ground. You don't want to show him, but you know he can see right through you.

«I'll pick you up at seven,» he says, before you can answer him. He runs closer to you, and puts his lips to your ear. «Wear something sexy,» he whispers, before he slaps your ass and runs back out onto the football field.

Your cheeks sting at the sensation of his hands on your body. You speed up the pace to masquerade your horrible flush with a sweat. «You guys are too much,» Barbara says in a titter. «Oh, shut up,» you spit back at her; embarrassed that she just watched everything that went down.

* * *

«Wear something sexy

You've pretty much emptied your entire closet out on your bedroom floor. You're wearing a little black dress, but you're still not sure.

You almost hate that you care so much. But you want him to look at you like you're the only girl in the world. Fuck, you want him to want you.

«Is there a specific reason your clothes are on the floor?» Your mother asks from the doorframe. «I don't have anything to wear,» you say in a sigh.

«What's the occasion?» She asks as she paves a path across the room to you. «I have a date with Johnny,» you say, and try not to sound too excited.

«Are you a couple now?» Your mother says as she picks up a pair of jeans from the floor. You remember what Johnny said at Barbara's party. «I don't know,» you say, because you don't. All you know is that you want to be with him all the time.

«Maybe you could ask him over for dinner?» Your mother says in a hopeful tone. You snort at her suggestion. «Why would I do that?» She bites her lip and looks you in the eye. «Because your dad is coming to town.»

Your heart skips a beat. «What?» You you stutter. Your mother rubs her neck. «He wants to see you, y/n. He told me you haven't responded to any of his letters?»

You take a hand to your temple. «I don't want to talk to him, mom. He doesn't care? He's only coming back so he doesn't feel horrible about himself.»

Your mom shakes her head. «That's not true,» she says. «He loves you, and you know that, y/n. And you are going to have dinner with him.»

You scoff at her audacity. «You can't force me to sit down and act like we're a big, happy family, mom!» You exclaim angrily. «He has a new family, in case you forgot.»

Your mother sucks her teeth. «This isn't up for discussion, y/n. «He's coming on friday, and you're going to be there. End of conversation.»

You can't believe her. She's so obsessed with being perfect. You bet she's taking your dad to the country club the second he walks through the door. «I have to go, I'm late,» you say. You have to get out of there.

You walk out of your room, before your mother can say something to make you stay. Your whole body is shaking with fury. You grab a black leather jacket and throw it on, before you walk outside and down to your driveway.