epilogue 2.

ஓ๑ ──────── 。.° ☆ °. 。──────── ๑ஓ

EPILOGUE 2 (1/2)
❝ preparations ❞

──────

the arcane masquerade ball was today and jiseon would be lying to say that she wasn't nervous. the lass hadn't been informed about anything related to having a waltz dance with a partner in the school up until 3 days ago — which is one of the reasons why she was literally sweating her arse of at almost 10 degrees celsius in the morning.

it was still early dawn and the ball will occur during the evening with a mouth-watering feast but she couldn't cease the rapid beating of her heart. jiseon's hands were sweaty even though the morning's fresh air was freezing in temperature.

fortunately, the freckled male had already asked her if she could be his partner in the dance so she had one least thing to worry about. to say the least, that was what she was most nervous about — the teen was 'asleep' for 2 years and wasn't able to learn the dance steps, even in her first year in this academy since she was too busy preventing the rise of the blood venoms. heck, she didn't even know the arcane masquerade ball existed up until a few days ago.

jiseon was half-dreading and half-thrilled for the night. luckily, yujin and jiseon's gowns, masks and gloves were able to be delivered yesterday. the lass had tried the gown on last night to see if it fitted and was completely satisfied with it.

it was a voluminous floor-length black off-shoulder laced gown, ubiquitous with lustrous pearly white silver patterns from the waist down to the hip. the gown came with a black corset that stayed just below the ribcage — hugging her figure to cinch her waist.

and last but not the least, the elegant mask that covered half of the face, having similar colors as the dress, gleaming under the lights and a pair of black laced gloves that went up to the upper-arm, completing the outfit.

it was truly magnificent, really. jiseon was really glad to have purchased the perfect garments for tonight and she sure hoped her partner would love it as much as she does.

"seon!"

the girl heard her name being called from behind. she turned her head, discerning a silhouette of a boy sprinting towards her and waving his hand like a madman, his hair bouncing every time he took a step forward. the other chuckled, waving back to the lad.

"hey, sunshine." jiseon grinned once he halted in front of her, receiving the widest and brightest smile to ever exist.

"you aren't supposed to meet me til' later, felix." jiseon giggled, ruffling the boy's now-golden locks.

"but i wanted to see you. plus, i tried to wake hyunjin up but i ended up getting slapped in the face, except with his foot." he whined, slightly raising his tone of voice and jutted his lower lip out into a pout.

"you know, it's hard to believe that you were literally the exact opposite of who you are now from 2 years ago." jiseon teased, an eyebrow perking up and her arms crossed.

"hey, i'm older than you. and are you just going to ignore the fact that hyunjin kicked me in the face?" he said in a normal timbre, sending chills down jiseon's back. the lass was flustered but soon came to her senses after seeing the lad's smirk.