020.

ஓ๑ ────────  。.° ☆ °.  。──────── ๑ஓ

CHAPTER TWENTY
visions

──────

the headmasters ran towards the said library. it was 6pm in the evening and it was peculiarly quiet. not a single student was seen in the hallways.

the 7 elders were already somewhat suspicious of the stillness of the school. usually, the hallways would be crowded with stressed and rowdy teens.

they haven't announced anything about evacuating to the pupils of the academy and their sons probably wasted no time to rush towards a hidden place where jiseon could be safe and sound without spreading the news of the couple trespassing the school.

a lightning flashed in the sky for a second before disappearing and soon after, thunder roared. the dark hallways that were lit by slightly dim lights were even more terrifying than the usual.

"where are the students, mr. seo?" mr. yang asked.

"for once, i.... i don't know."

it was all too perplexing for mr. seo. he had an uncanny feeling about tonight, the unsettling sensation never leaving at the pit of his stomach. the tension and atmosphere of the corridors of the said school felt, not only eerily desolated, but also petrifying.

although the building was antiquated - and sure, there were numerous rumors going around that the place was haunted by several sinister poltergeists - the academy was always lit up by countless of chandeliers and was always filled with busy chatters of the pupils which brightened up the old building more.

yet, it was the complete opposite tonight. some of chandeliers weren't even lit up and the place was completely empty. the school looked like it had been abandoned years ago.

"there! i see them!" mr. kim said, cutting off his train of thoughts and pointed towards another hallway that lead to the gym.

and sure enough, the two vile people that had trespassed were there, an irking smirk plastered on their face - not even a single sign of guilt anywhere near their expressions. mr. seo felt disgusted by the two. they've committed countless of malicious and sinful deeds that were unforgivable.

"well, well, well. if it isn't the 7 old men who've come to save the day! where is your eighth member? oh wait, i entirely failed to recall! he fled away because his young boy killed his wife!" the two laughed, mocking the 7 who were enraged by their remarks.

"and where is that boy right now, mr. seo?" the woman spoke up, smirking to herself.

"that's none of your business!" mr. bang shouted.

"where are the students?!" mr. hwang asked.

"hm... let's make a deal, shall we? tell us where the filthy blood is and we'll give all the students we'd held captive to you."

"or what?" mr. lee spat, glaring at the two.

"bloodbath will happen." he innocently smiled as if he hasn't said anything near immoral.

"and how do we know you're not lying to us?" mr. yang asked.

"we only need the boy. what are we going to do with thousands of useless students?" she said.