015.

ஓ๑ ────────  。.° ☆ °.  。──────── ๑ஓ

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
awaken

──────

later on, the nurse who took felix in asked jiseon more questions. though, it didn't bother her since it was all for the sake of felix. mr. seo, changbin's dad, was informed about the situation awhile ago. all he had to do was to update the other boys' parents about it.

once the other boys heard about the news, they all rushed to the infirmary — eager to see their old friend. the girl told them about felix and the reason why the freckled boy was unable to wake up. everyone had a sullen expression right after she explained to them.

"ms. choi jiseon? mr. seo is outside the infirmary. he wants to talk to you." another nurse said, earning everyone's attention.

"okay, thank you." jiseon glanced at the boys who were just as confused as her, before standing up and heading outside.

"mr. seo? you asked for me?" jiseon asked.

"drink this. it's pherotosis." he said, handing jiseon a cup with liquid in it. the teen gulped it down, thankful it didn't taste as bad as mycrotosis and didn't have to wash the taste out with water.

"first off, i know for a fact that felix lee consumed too much power. it may be dangerous for him. it may spread even more and cause much of a risk on his life. i did my research about the phoenix and thought about it for awhile." he paused.

"why don't you try using your abilities to get rid of it?"

the question shocked jiseon, a lot. she never really knew how capable she is of her own abilities. though she felt the need to help the unconscious boy, at the back of her mind, the endless taunting of guilt made her hesitate. it didn't help with the fact that she knew his life was on her hands. but then again, it was a lose-lose situation as the boy's life would be exposed more to danger, either way.

"m—mr. seo, i—i don't think i can...." she mumbled.

"i know what the phoenixes are capable of. you have to trust yourself first as you are the only one who can save felix from his current critical condition." the old man stated, patting the teenager's shoulder.

"let's try it right now." he said, entering the infirmary.

jiseon followed after, her heart raising, afraid she'll hurt the already pained enough, boy. when she got to felix's bed, mr. seo was already there — asking the boys to make space for the girl. they obeyed and made way, watching her every move.

"put your hands on his chest." mr. seo ordered the teen.

jiseon obeyed and placed both hands on his chest, she could feel the slow pumps of his heartbeat. the feeling made her warm inside, this reminded her that the freckled boy, in front of all them, was still alive.

"imagine yourself healing him. focus on his breathing and listen to the beating of his heart."

jiseon closed her eyes to focus better. his heart rate wasn't going any faster and that alarmed the teenage girl. she took a deep breathe, calming herself down.