017.

ஓ๑ ──────── 。.° ☆ °. 。──────── ๑ஓ

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
seth

──────

the two enjoyed their lunch in silence — the quiet was rather tranquil than an awkward one. the sounds of their eating utensils hitting their food container and the whistle of the soft wind were heard.

"i heard they closed down the library. i wonder why." jiseon started, breaking the silence.

"it's because of an investigation. they're trying to figure out who or what caused the fire. no evidence has been found. the headmasters are here to solve the issue." felix said, jiseon's mouth forming an 'o' after comprehending what the lad had said.

"what do you think caused it?" the lass asked, shoving both of her hands in the pockets of her hoodie.

the freckled boy was unspeaking for awhile — though the girl kept quiet and gave him time to think.

"it's obvious to who the culprit is." felix spoke. the teenage girl tilted her head in confusion.

"red phantom and scarlet venom." he said.

"apparently, you're the only student with pyrokinesis or has abilities related to fire. matches and lighters aren't allowed in the academy, the staff used mixtures made by professor oh — which they store away from the students' reach."

"second, i heard many students say they found a dead squirrel right outside the academy's front yard. any animal can't enter the barrier but i guess today changes that. maybe the barrier glitched which gave both of them time to enter or they were the causes of the barrier glitching."

"how do you know it was both of them?" the other asked.

"i know it was both of them because..." the boy trailed off.

jiseon felt something was slightly — off. it was the same feeling as last night's. the churn and twinge in her stomach wouldn't cease. the silence between the two was killing her so she turned to the freckled boy, curious as to why he wasn't continuing his sentence.

but the boy was already looking at her, smiling. god, no. it wasn't just a toothy grin, it was a wide devilish smile. a grin so sinister, it made jiseon's blood curdle. it wasn't like felix to smile, especially like this. no, the felix she knew would never even smiled.

"f-felix..." she stuttered under her breath.

"i know because i'm one of them." his fiendish smile grew wider, the iris of his eyes turning red.

"y-you're not—"

"i know! amazing, right?"

felix's original tan freckled face faded into a paler color, his features warping into different and unfamiliar one's— though, the eerie smirk on his face never left.

"w—where's felix?!" the girl didn't dare to move an inch, afraid the unfamiliar man would do something to her.

"he's with us! in fact, he's watching you right now! but in order to get you to obey us, we have him as our benefit. sadly, we don't think it's an advantage for him." the man giggled.