016.

ஓ๑ ────────  。.° ☆ °.  。──────── ๑ஓ

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
rumors

──────

"good afternoon, mr. seo. the other headmasters are outside, waiting for you, sir." his assistant said, bowing and leaving after.

the old man got up and headed towards the larger office where meetings were held. mr. bang, mr. lee, mr. hwang, mr. han, mr. kim and mr. yang were already in the room, seated in their assigned seats, talking with each other to catch up on what they've missed — mainly their wives and their sons' academics.

"good afternoon. good to see you all again." mr. seo said, grabbing everyone's attention. they all stood up and bowed at each other.

"i'd like to apologize for the sudden meeting. as you all know, there had been a fire in our library recently. however, the causes are still unknown."

"do you think it's.....?" mr. yang trailed off.

"i believe so but, there weren't any evidence." mr. seo replied.

"then, we wait for further updates and continue on with the investigation." mr. lee said.

"we should inform the students about this. until then, the library should be closed down. we should ask someone to gather up all the books that haven't been destroyed in the fire and store them in one of the abandoned common rooms to make a small library." mr. bang spoke.

"mr. seo, do you mind me asking, is there any student that possesses abilities that include fire?" mr. hwang asked.

"no, i don't mind. in fact, that was what i was about to discuss next. the only student that has pyrokinesis is choi jiseon. she was in the library and was included in the incident but the problem is, she had detention at that time."

mr. seo's statement surprised everyone seated at the meeting table. this had never happened before in the academy. the issue was doubtlessly harder than a jigsaw puzzle. but one question seemed to be stuck in everyone's heads.

who was the culprit who committed the arson?

"we should train and ask students to practice more on how to control their abilities. they're probably scheming something devious and we need to discuss a back up plan beforehand. the barrier may not hold on any longer. as a matter of fact, the barrier may already have malfunctioned. who knows who committed the arson." mr. han said.

"mr. han's right. we can't sit and wait for their next move. it may be too late, by then." mr. kim responded.

_______

felix felt eyes where ever he went. he felt like the prey and countless of predators had eyes on their only one victim, machinating their next move to eat its own scrumptious meal. everywhere he went, the whispers were endless. funny how a single thing he did could make the whole school talk about him. he suddenly felt very conscious of himself.

it didn't help with the fact that most of the students' voices were clear enough for him to hear, calling him a freak now that they know the boy has abilities of his own.

[ tw // slight mentions of murder ]

"don't you think it's strange? why'd he keep it up until now?"