epilogue.

ஓ๑ ────────  。.° ☆ °.  。──────── ๑ஓ

EPILOGUE 1
i'll always love you

──────

it had been 2 years since jiseon had took her last ever breath to be emitted. everyone had eventually moved on but kept the lass close to their hearts — except for one male who was known as, none other than, felix lee. after her death, he was in complete denial and even after all these years, he still was.

that was one of the reasons why he refused to attend her funeral, burial and had never even once entered the special pavilion that was located in the garden where her coffin was placed.

the garden — the place he avoided the most in the academy. mainly because he had held countless of memorable memories of the lass in there and another reason being her body and bones were placed there.

"two years...." he trailed off, his eyes getting dimmer and dimmer as he stared at the casket.

"it's been two years and nothing has been the same since your.... departure. it's been a long time, huh?" he chuckled yet not even a scintilla of happiness could be heard in his tone of voice.

"the boys are worried for me. they're afraid i'd shut myself out at anytime again. i wouldn't. you wouldn't want that." he whispered, looking down at the words engraved on the coffin.

'here lies choi jiseon, levanter's first ever heroine for her courageous acts of defeating our greatest rival.'

he brushed off the dust on the casket using the sleeve of his long sleeve, which reminded him of the time of the year and that it was almost her death anniversary ─ in winter. his hand clenching into a fist as his knuckles turned as white as a sheet of paper.

if he could turn back in time, he would've confessed earlier and protected her, even if it meant trading his own life to be in her position right this moment. but time was cruel and never gave second chances. she'll never come back. life was only limited and you can't simply revive someone from the dead.

"i'm sorry i didn't visit you for 2 years and only did today. i just.... i just wish you were here, seon. i... i miss you." felix mumbled, his voice cracking.

"i'm not authorized nor allowed to do this but, i want to see you for the last time even if it's just your bones before moving on from your death." he muttered, barely a whisper that not even the wind had caught it.

he gave a melancholic smile, his fingers grazing the smooth surface of the cover before lifting it up with all his might, revealing the corpse in the open. he placed the heavy object on the floor and finally stood up properly.

there he stood, unbelievably stunned. felix unexpectedly felt lightheaded but his body wouldn't even move, it was as if someone had glued him onto the ground. the lad's mind was absolutely empty, blank and vacant.

jiseon still looked the same. he expected bones and remains but certainly not skin and flesh. he slapped himself, pinching his skin, even as far as punching his face over and over again but when he looked back inside the casket, it was still identical as to the previous jiseon 2 years ago.

felix wanted to cry, and he was close to doing so. his lover looked so, alive — as if she was just in a very deep slumber. he wanted to touch and feel her but he was too afraid he'd break her with just a single touch of a finger.