𝖝𝖎𝖝 | 𝔞𝔱𝔱𝔬 𝔡𝔲𝔢: 𝔰𝔠𝔢𝔫𝔞 𝔡𝔦𝔠𝔦𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔬𝔳𝔢

Comincia dall'inizio

"How did you know- I am going to kill Nathan." Zaire balled his fists and briefly closed his eyes. "And he wonders why I don't tell him things."

"He's a nut case. He said it without even noticing that he spilled a secret, so it was probably his ADHD going into effect. It certainly wasn't intentional."

"Anyway, it is about the girl. I want to shop for wedding rings but need a female perspective, so you're helping me."

"Slow the hell down. You just threw a whole tornado at me." She waved her hands around. "How are you marrying a girl you just met? And where the heck are you getting a ring? We are in the middle of a pandemic."

"We didn't just meet. I have known her for a little over six months now. I like her a lot, and I want to do the next step."

"After six months, though? That is a very short period of time to decide whether you want to spend the rest of your life with someone."

"Beth, I know it's early, but I know it's the right time. I know what I'm doing."

"Everyone says that they know until they realize they actually don't know, but then it's too late because they're already married."

"Beth, I wish I could explain it to you in a way you'd understand, but that's just the way it is. That's culture's way, and it's not my place to change it." He ranted and let out a big breath once Beth's furrowed eyebrows relaxed. "I just need you to trust me when I say she is the one. You're my only mature enough friend to understand where I'm coming from."

"Yeah," She exhaled heavily. "If you believe she's the one, so will I." She said. "But how are you getting this ring? Most of the stores aren't even open."

"I've been speaking with a couple of designers. We'll video chat before we do the socially distanced pickup. I need you with me in May. Will you be available?"

"If everything at the label goes well and I'm not running around like a headless chicken, I would be honored to help you."

"Yes! Okay cool. I'll keep you updated."

Beth looked down to adjust her shirt, only to have a gust of wind sweep past her, and Zaire vanished from her view. She turned to look around the living room and frowned puzzledly. "Weird kid."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"I didn't come over here to watch you play Call of Duty, so let's get to packing," Madison said as she watched Kian concentrate on the monitor with a PS4 controller.

"Baby, hold on. I'm almost done." He softly explained. "Sniper in the yellow house, watch out for that."

"We've taken the lead!" Declared the automated machine.

A blinding flashbang struck him just before he slid and hip-fired to kill his opponent. His killing spree continued as he aimed at a flock of enemies rushing forward. "Double kill, triple kill, quad kill! Let's fucking go!"

"Kian, are you using aimbot? You were never this good." Moses commented.

"He finally stopped using that AK-47 and upgraded to a Galápagos." Jordan said, "Smart choice."

"Run it back. I'm trying to beat my record," Kian said.

"No. You're going to pack." She grabbed the controller. "Sorry guys, he's logging off."

"Aww shit, Kian got the girlfriend kick." Jordan chuckled. "It's only a matter of time until—

"Moses! What the fuck!" Nia yelled.