Chapter Sixteen

Chapter 16

*Ishita's POV*

I wake up and realize that it's 6 pm. Great, I missed my lunch. Thinking of taking an early dinner I get up from bed and freshen up before making my way towards the kitchen.

An amazing smell engulfs me as I reach near the kitchen. I see Abhimanyu making something, I was about to abort the mission of having an early dinner and leave when I heard Abhimanyusay "Lakshmi Kaki was not feeling well so she left early. I am making Dal rice and aloo sabzi for dinner. It will be ready in 5 mins."

Hearing dal rice my stomach growls. I look at Abhimanyu and see him smirking. Stupid stomach, I leave the kitchen without saying anything and decide to watch something on TV for the meanwhile.

I was scrolling through the channels searching for something interesting to watch when Abhimanyu announces that the dinner is ready. I turn off the TV and go to have dinner.

I hold the urge to moan when I take a bite of dal rice and aloo sabzi. It is amazing, I love dal rice especially with aloo sabzi and sabji Abhimanyu was just wow.

I am full above the mark, the food was so tasty that I was not able to stop even though I was full. I get up and start picking the dishes when Abhimanyu stops me.

"It's okay, you must not be feeling well. Leave the dishes, I'll take them and the maid will clean it up tomorrow."

I choose to ignore him and continue taking the empty dishes and start washing them. Abhimanyu enters the kitchen in a short while with his empty plate. He sighs and helps me with the dishes, drying them and keeping them in their places.

I decide to watch a movie so I make myself comfortable on the sofa and start to look for a movie. I settled on the 'Kal ho na ho' movie. 5 minutes into the movie I see Abhimanyu taking the seat on the other corner of the sofa.

From the corner of my eyes, I see Abhimanyu, he seems like he wants to say something. I pause the movie and look at him.

"You want to say something?" I ask

"Um... I just... I just wanted to apologize... for yesterday. I didn't know that you are claustrophobic."

"As if you would not have locked me if you knew. And you could have come back early at least by the time for dinner. But you choose to make me suffer and stay late outside doing god knows what" I say angrily.

"You know what, yes I felt nice seeing you suffer. You do deserve to suffer." saying this he leaves.

I see him walking to the room and shutting the door making a loud bang noise. No longer in the mood to watch a movie I turn off the TV and go to my room to sleep.