Chapter 47: Hope

Mulai dari awal

My heart stops and does a leap at the same time.

I pick it up for my widened eyes to see up close, and when I look at one of the charms, I see it's a beautiful Ferris wheel. On the next one, is a pretty horse that's running, and then on the one beside that, is the same lantern from Tangled.

I think my entire body just melted.

Tears fall down my cheeks since I was already in a vulnerable state and this did not help-in a good way though.

"Thank you." I pull him in for a hug before he can panic about me full-on sobbing.

His strong arms hug me tightly as he lays a kiss on my wet cheek and then on my forehead.

"It's called a push gift. You know, since you pushed a gift," he gleams at his way with words.

I laugh.

"I love it," I say against his neck.

"That's not it," he says, but I stop him right there.

"Wait, I have something for you," I add since I was going to give it to him for his birthday, though now works too.

"You got me a gift?" he says surprised like that's never happened before.

I get him presents all the time. I guess maybe not on random occasions, but on every Christmas and birthday I've gotten him something that has for sure wowed him. The presents I give him regularly are smaller than those. Maybe a bouquet of flowers. I think he almost lost his mind the first time I handed those to him.

I run over to my suitcase and pull out the gift which has already been wrapped.

He takes it from me, still shocked that I got him something which we have to talk about at some point because either I need to get him more gifts, or he's forgetting the ones I've gotten him.

He takes it from my hands and rips the thing open.

His eyes go wide instantly.

"It's your jersey for the baby." I smile. "And look." I show him the back that says his name and number in bold text. "I know you're retiring, but your final game is coming up so I thought we could bring her in the jers-." Arms suddenly wrap around me and hold me so tight that I think I almost die from suffocation.

"I love you, I love you, I love you." He kisses me all over my face after each I love you while I laugh.

He keeps admiring the jersey and talking about how great it will look on her for a few minutes. Then again, he says that about everything she wears, including a little beanie they give babies at the hospital. If I were to give him our entire lives, I think he'd never stop speaking about how beautiful our daughter is and how much he loves her already.

Once he's done freaking out, he helps me up since I'm still in a little pain. He then assists me to wherever he's taking me after I use the restroom, brush my teeth, and wash my face.

We land in the extra bedroom.

The baby's sleeping in the room next door in her crib, but when I enter this bedroom, I see she's in here.

Though, not only is she here, but so is a fully painted nursery.

The walls are a beautiful shade of light pink and the floors have been fully carpeted. There is a baby chandelier hanging from the ceiling, and to the left wall are pretty flower stickers right behind the crib. A chair is beside it and has the most gorgeous curtain attached to it as well.

Oh my god!

My mouth is literally hanging open. I begin hitting Rider with the back of my hand out of excitement unconsciously.