Criminal Chase • 2

"I've been trained, plus it seems he has to much dirt on us. I'll be sure to wear a tracker that records my vitals. If something were to happen it would send you my exact locations. Let's just pick our weapons for now okay?."

I said before starting the car and driving to the police station.       

◦  ◦  ◦  ◦

The whole car ride Ochako was silent, I mean of course she had reasons. Her best friend and co-worker is marching straight into a lions den.

We got out of the car as soon as we reached the police station. Ochako, still mad, helped me pick out two (small) weapons that I could carry around.

"Take this, oh and this." She said as she handed me pepper spray and a self defense key, either which I won't be using except for a flashlight she gave me. Then she sharply turned to me and hugged me.

"More importantly Y/N, please come back safe. You saw what that man was capable of." Ochako said before pushing me back and putting her hands on my shoulders.

"Also check my highschool yearbook for a man that resembles that D person." I said slowly sliding her hands off of me.

"So go out and kick some D butt."

"Ass."

"Butt." She said crossing her arms and pouting.

"We're adults now Ochako you can say ass it won't kill you." I said tapping her on the shoulder before walking off and waving.

Once I got in the car I checked the time. The cars clock read 10:08, I made sure I had everything I needed before driving to the highschool.

◦  ◦  ◦  ◦

When I pulled up it was dark and desolate, nothing like the old campus I once knew. Again I looked at the clock, 11:03 it read.

"Since I'm early I might as well look around the school grounds to make sure there's no traps or students." I said before getting out the car and grabbing everything I needed. I walked to the schools too wide front doors, pulling the right door open.

The halls were dark, if it weren't for the flashlight Ochako gave me who would have knows what might have happened. I wondered through the halls of my old high school, all familiar but different.

I stopped when I heard a loud noise, as if something or someone had dropped an item. With my gun held next to my cheek I headed into the chemistry lab.

There was a dark figure in the shadows sitting at one of the tables turned to me. As it stood up I held my gun pinpoint at it.

"I'm glad you could come to greet me detective L/N, or should I call you Y/N instead?" The voice said. I lowered my weapon and shone the flashlight to the figure.

"D..." I said scowling at the man still on guard.

"I'm hurt you don't remember me. You know we met in this exact class room." He said tracing his fingers across my chin making my head tilt to look at him.

I held up my gun directly to his heart. "Move and I'll shoot." I said looking him firmly in the eyes expecting him to cower in fear, but instead I felt cold heavy metal on my chin.

'Click!' (Sound of the guns safety lock being turned off)

"It looks like it's checkmate then, now I wonder who would shoot first. Detective L/N or Killer D hm? Why don't you take a guess Y/N." He said with a smirk.

He knew I couldn't shoot him, there was too much loss of important information if I shot and killed him. I sighed before dropping my gun. For now it doesn't look like he will kill me.

"Okay what is it that you wanted me here for?" I said as he slowly dropped the gun.

"To win over your heart."

"You've got to be kidding me. Your meaning to tell me that you killed over 20 people just to win over my heart?" I said picking up my gun before putting it back away.

"That's exactly it, so what do you say Y/N. You can be mine or die here." He said looking down on me with eyes that said he meant every word he was saying.

"How romantic. I'll enjoy our dates from your jail cell. So what's your real name 'D'?"

"It's Dabi, you know you're best friend."

Dabi. I knew that name all to well, Dabi was indeed my  best friend in high school. Although he was never this tall or talkative, he was known as the quiet kid who followed me around.

I loved him as a brother, but I guess those feelings were misinterpreted. After highschool I went on to be a police officer moving through the ranks, and me and Dabi fell off. Who knew that now after all these years the two of us would become enemies.

"Wow, you look completely different eh Dabi, what about me how do I look to you." I said joking, after all this might be the last time I see him.

"You look beautiful." He said smirking at me. I slowly pulled out my gun.

"Thanks Dabi, for everything really. If only it didn't have to end like this, maybe in another story I could have said I love you."

"BOOM!"

"Clap clap clap."

"Let's all thank our lovely actors for the play!! Our main characters Y/N and Dabi. They did a great job portraying their characters."

The narrator said as Y/N and Dabi walked on the stage before taking their bow. 

If only, in another story.

A:N OMG I LOVEEEE THIS CHAPTER. there might be a lot of spelling errors so don't mind those!!! Also wasnt that a great twist?! The whole story was a play. Anyways I hope you all enjoyed. <3 Pls vote <3