Transitioning

A:N I'm not trans but this would be my perspective of reader coming out!! In this chapter reader will be transitioning from female to male. Should I do a different one of reader transitioning from male to female??

Today was finally the day, I was finally going to come out as trans to my boyfriend Dabi. I was scared, I had asked Dabi questions hinting up to this point but they all has dry answers like, "Lgbtq? They're okay I guess".

I was finally ready to break away from being the prissy girly "female" Y/N everyone else knew. I sighed and looked at my phone. I had asked Dabi to come out to a cafe with me today. He agreed and said he'd be over in 20 minutes.

I ordered my drink and sat down as the door rang and someone stepped inside. I looked over and it was Dabi. I waved him over as he came and sat down.

"Now what was so important you dragged me out to a cafe?" Dabi said as he ruffed up my hair.

"Dabi.." I took a deep breath. In that moment I almost regretted calling him out. Maybe I wasn't ready for this. I looked up to Dabi as he took a sip from my drink.

"I don't want to be a girl anymore..." I said looking up to him. He cocked an eyebrow and looked at me.

"What I meant is that... I want to trans. Meaning I want to be male and treated as one." I looked at him as he started back not saying a word.

"It's okay I understand if you don't accept me and want to break up, but it's who I am and I won't change my thoughts." I said as I stood up. I couldn't help to see his reaction. I walked off as I felt a tug on my arm.

I looked back to see Dabi grabbing onto me. He pulled me outside of the cafe and to the car still not saying a word. Once we got in the car he sat in the driver seat and sat me on top of him. He hugged me and sat his head on my shoulder.

"Did you mean it.." He said. I looked at him.

"Meant what?"  I said.

"Breaking up." He tightened his grip as he said that.

"I mean you don't want to be with a trans person would you." I said touching his hair. Dabi looked me and the eyes.

"I want to be with you. female or male. Your mine, I'm not letting you go." My cheeked burned up as he said this. I grabbed his face.

"So you don't mind dating a male hm?" He nodded.

"You're still mine. Plus you seemed uncomfortable for a while, I kinda guessed it'd come to this." He said as I laughed at his response.

"Will you refer to me as he/him?" I asked teasing him. He gripped my back and nodded.

"Then we'll stay together." I said as I gave him a quick kiss on the lips.

◦  ◦  ◦  ◦

It's been a few weeks since I came out as trans to Dabi. He's treated me no differently since then and I can openly talk to him.

"You know I have a chest surgery next week, although I will be a bit sad to part ways with these guys." I said washing the dishes from lunch.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Dabi said as he came behind me and hugged me. I nodded and smiled. Ever since I came out I've been much more confident as well as happy.