"Yes, yes, yes. Quickly prescribe it." It was only then that the Old Madam returned to her senses. After urging the Imperial Physician, she placed her palms together and worshipped the Heavens and Buddhas in the sky. She was starting to get really anxious because she still hadn't heard any good news; even though her grandson and granddaughter-in-law had been married for two years.

The Imperial Physician went to the room next door to prescribe medicine. When Yu Xiang finished rubbing her belly, she suddenly sprung up and clung onto her husband's body. Countless light pecks rained down on his forehead, cheeks and the tip of his nose, smearing his face with saliva. Then, she shouted joyfully, "I'm pregnant. I have a baby. I'm going to be a mother."

"Yes, I'm going to be a father too." Yu Pin Yan hurriedly held her buttocks and kissed her back repeatedly. The couple was immersed in boundless joy.

The Old Madam shook her head with a smile and led the servants out. When she was at the door, she exhorted uneasily, "When you have hugged enough, put Xiang'er down quickly, lest you drop her."

  -------

The depleted number of family members was always a sore subject for the Old Madam. Ever since the death of the Old Marquis and his son, Lin Shi and Yu Miao Qi's banishment, and the marriage of Yu Si Yu's marriage... The huge Duke Yu manor only had three masters remaining. Usually it was filled with groups of servants entering in and out, so it was not obvious. However, on the night of Lunar New Year's Eve, the scene was really deserted and lonely when the three of them gathered around a huge round table to eat reunion dinner.

In the past two years, the Old Madam had been donating incense and oil to The Goddess of Childbearing[3] every month. The scrolls in her granddaughter-in-law's room have all been replaced with a picture of a 'hundred sons and a thousand grandchildren'[4]. She started to wish upon the stars and moon the arrival of her little grandchild. When she heard that Yu Si Yu's eldest uncle was celebrating his 30th birthday, she originally didn't want to bother. But now, she ecstatically took her granddaughter-in-law out of the manor.

"If you go, I will let Yu Si Yu gain some good energy from you. It has been two years since she got married, and there is still no movement." Sitting in the rickety carriage, the joy in the Old Madam's heart slightly dulled.

"Didn't the Physician say both Sirs[5] and her body are fine? Perhaps it is because it is not time yet. See, that's exactly what happened to me." Yu Xiang rubbed her belly merrily.

"What you say is true." The Old Madam's spirits lifted up in joy again.

Halfway through the journey, Yu Xiang lifted the curtain, and ordered when she saw a store sign, "Turn around and go to Changning Street. I want to buy a box of rouge."

The carriage driver was familiar with the way to Changning Street. Yu Pin Yan, who was following behind the carriage, heard this and leaned over. He lifted the curtain and said helplessly, "Little vinegar jar, why are you still harping on this? How many years have passed since then?"

"Such things need to be reckoned with for life. Why? Are you having tender and protective feelings for her?" Yu Xiang propped up half her body as she stuck out her abdomen, which was not showing, and showed an extremely aggrieved expression.

Before Yu Pin Yan could say anything, the Old Madam pulled her to sit down and said gently, "The carriage is moving. This little ancestor should sit properly so as not to fall. Your Elder Brother only loves you. How can he have tender and protective feelings for others? Isn't that right, Yan'er?" After finishing her sentence, she gave her grandson a fierce glare.

Yu Pin Yan was torn between laughter and tears as he nodded his head. Only then did Yu Xiang stop. For some unknown reason, her temper had been flaring up more often these past few days; every now and then she would get angry, and it was to the point she couldn't control herself. Luckily, her husband and grandmother-in-law always let her have her way.