Chapter 69

After hearing the cry of fear, the figure that was sitting took out a matchstick from his chest and lit the candle on the table. The flickering candlelight revealed a man with a handlebar beard and a ferocious face.

Fang Zhi Chen drew in a breath of cold air. When he looked towards the person that was seated, his pupils contracted abruptly and he immediately wished that he could faint. This person was not an ugly person. On the contrary, he had a uniquely handsome face and a pair of long, narrow and Phoenix-like eyes, which were narrowly eyeing at him.

Fang Zhi Chen was so frightened that he couldn't even speak. He kneeled down and kowtowed heavily a few times before he finally managed to speak, "Marquis, please spare my life. I didn't come to stir trouble but I was compelled to do so. I beg the Marquis to spare my life!" How could he not be afraid of the Marquis when his father's head was severed by him?

"Who ordered you to do this?" Yu Pin Yan spoke slowly.

"It's the Second Young Miss, Yu Xiang. She sent someone to give my mother and I five-hundred silver taels. She said that she couldn't stand how Yu Si Yu has acted so unruly in front of her and that she wanted her to regret forever. She also said that if I marry Yu Si Yu, she would give me an additional thousand taels so that I could bring Yu Si Yu out of the capital. If Yu Si Yu was disobedient in the future, I could torture her to death. In addition, the dowry left behind would not be taken back and would be given to my mother and I."

Fang Zhi Chen kneeled limply on the ground. He confessed everything without being coerced. When he saw that Yu Pin Yan's gaze turned even more frosty, he quickly added, "My family has already suffered a great catastrophe and I would not have agreed to such an unethical act if it was not because I could no longer survive. Moreover, Miss Yu Xiang had promised my mother and I that she wouldn't bring us any harm. She assuredly said that the Marquis would do her bidding and would not disagree. All she has to do is to support somebody in an argument and everything would be resolved. Marquis, this was all Miss Yu Xiang's plans, this commoner was also compelled by her, so please spare this mother and son! If it weren't for her, I wouldn't have dared to offend you even if one gives this commoner a hundred guts!" Before he even finished speaking, tears and snot streamed down looking like a complete mess.

Yu Pin Yan was silent for a moment and then he softly laughed. His laughter contained a thick and frosty sharp knife that could only be crystallised in winter. Before he came here, he thought that the Fang family's mother and son were ordered by some political enemy, but he didn't expect that there was an internal traitor in the Marquis manor.

"Marquis, isn't he insulting Young Miss?" The man with a large stature and handlebar beard drew out his sword from his waist.

When Fang Zhi Chen heard the sound of the sword unsheathed, he urinated on the spot and an unpleasant stench of urine mixed with the smell of alcohol permeated within the room.

"As long as this mother and son disappeared from the capital, there would be plenty of dossier on the Emperor's desk tomorrow morning for my impeachment. He can't die, or at least he can't die in the capital." Yu Pin Yan shook his head as he took out a pair of thin cicada-winged gloves and slowly put them on. He strode over and looked askance at Fang Zhi Chen, "I will give you a chance to live, but let's see if you know what you are supposed to do."

"What... what opportunity?" Fang Zhi Chen immediately asked.

"There's no hurry. You have been speaking about Yu Xiang and still dare to throw dirty water on her. This Marquis will teach you what it means to rather die than live." Yu Pin Yan softly chuckled as his fingers reached over, and Fang Zhi Chen's jaw was instantly removed resulting in him being unable to scream. Then, his joints were removed section by section...