Chapter 110

The next day, Ku Hui arrived at the marquis manor as promised and held Yu Xiang's wrist to meticulously take her pulse.

A quarter of an hour later, when the Old Madam saw that he had a pensive expression, the Old Madam asked in a slightly anxious manner, "Great Master, can Xianger's leg still be cured?"

Ku Hui did not answer. Instead, he bent down to take off Yu Xiang's embroidered shoes. However, his wrist was grabbed forcefully by Yu Pin Yan. Even though Ku Hui had been a Buddist monk since he was two years old, when confronted with his frigid gaze, he felt his mind tremble and he was chilled to the bone. He hurriedly explained, "Benefactor Yu, this poor monk[1] just wants to take a look at the wound of Benefactor Yu Xiang, so that it would help in diagnosis."

"No direct contact between men and women." Yu Pinyan admonished word for word.

Ku Hui smiled bitterly and said, "Benefactor Yu is deviating from the essence by clinging to the external consciousness[2], the poor monk could only see a patient in my eyes. There is no distinction between men and women. The most basic four methods of diagnosis are to look, smell, enquire and pulse diagnosis. One cannot be used without the other. If the Benefactor doesn't let the poor monk check the wound, I am afraid that the treatment for Benefactor Yu Xiang will be erroneous."

Yu Pin Yan furrowed his brow and slowly let go. Ku Hui took a quick look at his slightly red and swollen wrist, and could only shake his head and smile bitterly.

Although Yu Xiang had lived in the Han Dynasty for five years, she was a person from the modern era, and did not place much importance to having no direct contact between the opposite gender. When the two of them were arguing, she took off her embroidery shoes on her own accord, rolled up the bottom of her trousers, and tapped on her knee, "See, back then, a horizontal cut was made on my kneecap, and this is the scar."

The scar was very long, diagonally slashed and it actually cut both her legs in succession. Even though five years had passed, the gruesome scars still showed how bloody the scene was.

The Old Madam hung her head and wiped her tears, and Yu Pin Yan's face was grim. Yu Si Yu and Yu Miao Qi were so frightened that they turned their heads and dared not look again.

Ku Hui smiled faintly at Yu Xiang before squatting down to to examine the wound once more. He also massaged it with his fingers and pinched it, and tapped the kneecap with a small hammer.

When Yu Xiang saw this scene, she could not help but think to herself that this monk was quite professional.

After the examination, Ku Hui straightened up and sat at the table to write the prescription with a brush. Yu Pin Yan pulled down the bottom of his younger sister's trousers and put on her embroidered shoes, asking, "Master, is there still a cure for my sister's leg?"

Ku Hui replied without raising his head, "There is still a cure. Thanks to the five years you massage her legs with medicated oil that nourishes Jing[3] and invigorates the blood, preserving the meridians in the legs." After writing the prescription and handing it to Liu Lu, he appeared embarrassed, "This poor monk is 70% sure that she can be cured, but her legs need to be broken and reattached. I have developed a bone-healing cream, after two months of applying it along with acupuncture and moxibustion,Benefactor Yu Xiang may be able to stand up again."

"What? You even have to break her leg?" The Old Madam held her forehead and was on the verge of fainting.

Yu Pin Yan's expression turned extremely dark that water could be dripping from his face[4]. His eyes were like a boning knife, staring at Ku Hui as if it wanted to skin him alive. What kind of torture was it to forcibly break and reattach a leg? Even a strong and stout man with tough skin would not be able to withstand it, let alone Xiang'er who had been pampered and spoiled since she was young.