Chapter 15

Yu Si Yu only realized that her elder brother was also in the room when she got closer. One of his hands was hugging Yu Xiang with a gentle and soft expression on his face that she had never seen before. She was obviously a bastard yet steadily took the Di daughter's position of the Marquis Yongle manor that her grandmother and her elder brother had the tendency to spoil her even more. Yu Si Yu looked at her coldly as she somewhat couldn't reckon what witchcraft Yu Xiang had used on both of them.

Not able to reckon was another matter, but without Yu Xiang's financial assistance as well as evoking the detest of both mother and grandmother, her days were indeed not easy at all. The maidservants in her courtyard were completely substituted that using them was absolutely inconvenient for her. Lin Shi had also purposely sent over a fierce old pozi who would follow wherever she went and tenaciously watched over her.

This sort of oppressive feeling of being controlled of every word and action could really make one go crazy, but what made Yu Si Yu truly despaired was grandmother had not brought her to socialize for more than two months. She was now twelve years old and ought to meet up with as many womenfolk of other families for the prospect of getting a good marriage in the future.

If grandmother didn't match her up, it would be rare for a noble family to request a marriage with a Shu daughter like her. She would possibly just be married off casually when she reached the marriageable age to maybe a six-ranked principal or a seven-ranked official registrar which could be regarded as the best choice then her future livelihood wouldn't be as peerlessly rich and powerful as in the Marquis Yongle manor anymore.

The more she thought about it, the more she felt unwilling, thus she had no choice but to come over to brazenly fawn on Yu Xiang again. Just as she got closer, she heard her annoying laughter just like a little hen, thus due to her inner misery, she couldn't help but say some words to assist the maidservants. She didn't think she had done anything wrong but she was startled by Yu Pin Yan's cold glance.

What was the big deal of being paralyzed! Elder brother and grandmother would soon spoil her rotten! She should be taken care off and dropped dead when the real Yu Xiang comes back!

Yu Si Yu was secretly pondering in vileness yet her face carried the gentle faint smile as she greeted Yu Pin Yan then turned towards Yu Xiang and unjustly uttered, "Elder sister shouldn't be meddlesome as long as younger sister is happy."

Yu Pin Yan was looking at her nonchalantly by the side thus she was unable to utter any of the bottled-up words at this moment and just stood awkwardly outside of the window.

Yu Xiang propped up her cheek with one hand while leaning by the window without taking any initiative to inquire about her visit or invited her into the room and simply let her stand under the hot scorching sun. The smile on her face was three tenth sluggishness and seven tenth vileness. Both Cui Ping and Cui Xi had long retreated to the root of a wall.

Yu Si Yu repeatedly inhaled to calm her mind before she gently commented, "It's Autumn Festival today and the Empress had ordered to put up nine hundred and ninety nine palace lanterns in Xihe Garden for the public viewing. Did elder brother see it when you came back from the feast in the palace?" The so-called public viewing was merely limited to the first-ranked and the honorable noble families. The Marquis Yongle manor was certainly qualified, however she was afraid that if Yu Xiang was not able to go then grandmother might not bring her along.

"You can only enjoy the lantern at night." Yu Pin Yan massaged the little girl in his bosom and asked, "Will Xiang'er go?"

"Not going." Yu Xiang rejected without even giving it a thought. How could that few palace lanterns be more interesting than the neon lights? She would feel edgy with so many people around.