Chapter 12

Yu Pin Yan did not have time to go home as he had to enter the Imperial Palace to report himself, thus he merely had his personal attendant deliver a verbal message back to the manor.

Old Madam grabbed and interrogated the personal attendant for almost half an hour before letting him go. She turned towards the statue of Buddha, knelt down and kowtowed. Buddha's blessing and protection. This official assignment was considered a daunting experience without mishap. She couldn't even shut her eyes for a couple of nights when the news about the emerging epidemic situation in Luoyang arrived.

Ma Momo was overjoyed and knelt down too, "Old Madam, Second Young Miss is someone with good fortune. The Marquis originally went seeking the Divine Doctor for Second Young Miss' sake, but coincidentally saved the Crown Prince instead! This kind of fate is truly unspeakably good! Don't know where Madam found that fake monk that obstinately asserted a lucky star as a jinx!"

Old Madam silently kept her eyes closed.

Ma MoMo recited several Buddhist scripture before she suddenly cried out in fear, 'Aiya."'

"The Buddha is right in front, why are you flustering about!" Old Madam opened her eyes and glared at her.

Ma Momo hastily covered her mouth with a varying greenish and pale complexion while her eyes became incessantly evasive.

Old Madam sensed something was amiss and softly asked, "What's in your mind?"

"No.. nothing", Ma Momo stiffly smiled.

"Just speak your mind!" Old Madam sternly berated.

Ma Momo looked at the statue of Buddha which filled with mercy and twirled the rosary in her hand, stammeringly, "Old Madam, when Madam took Second Young Miss' baizi to that monk for prediction, just think, that baizi, it's.. it's not Second Young Miss' baizi!"

Ma Momo truly dared not continue her words anymore. Although both baby girls were born on the same day, it would be absolutely impossible to be born at the same moment, as there would at least be a slight disparity in timing. On the other hand, this sort of fate prediction was seriously unclear as a slightest discrepancy might lead to a huge error.

That baizi was not Yu Xiang's but actually her biological Di granddaughter's! It would be nothing if the monk had miscalculated, but if he didn't then wouldn't it turned out that the jinx was actually her biological Di granddaughter? Yu Xiang was currently ten years old and the Marquis manor had not been the least subjected to any calamity in these past ten years; contrary it had been thriving with each passing day that even two calamities which happened this year were avoided because of Yu Xiang.

Lin Shi claimed that Old Madam's son was jinxed to death by Yu Xiang but both the baby girls were not wrongly taken at that time and her son died under the sword of the ferocious bandit the moment her biological Di granddaughter was born. This was truly....

Old Madam alarmingly and nervously twirled the rosary while her fingers started to tremble violently. She believed in Buddhism thus would naturally believe in destiny. Saying that she had never hated Yu Xiang, just like Lin Shi would indeed be impossible. It was merely because she had more experiences and was broad-minded. Soon everything was going smoothly in the manor and her grandson also managed to uphold the family faction, hence she gradually slacken but now out of the blue she was told that her biological Di granddaughter was the jinx thus the forgotten resentment got stirred up again.

Ma Momo hurriedly withdrew to a corner when she saw this and dared not even take a deep breath.

"稽首皈依蘇悉帝 Prostrating to take refuge in the Susiddei