Chapter 71

The ability of Yu Miao Qi to deceive and confuse others' minds could evidently be seen with her bribing so many servants to set up such a venomous scheme and even had Jiang Xue's willingness to die for her when she had only been in charge of the household for less than a month. Fearing that both her grandmother and elder brother would also be hoodwinked, Yu Si Yu circled beneath the tree and stood on tiptoes from time to time as she craned her neck to look.

"Want to eavesdrop? Then go ahead." Yu Xiang spoke casually as she scattered a handful of fish food into the pond.

"But Feng Momo and Ma Momo are guarding the door, I dare not." Yu Si Ya was extremely fearful of both Momos.

"Go, they won't stop you." Yu Xiang waved her sleeve.

It was truly a rare sight in a hundred years that they did not argue or fight against each other secretly while staying together in the same place. It was not until this moment that Yu Si Yu truly understood how candid Yu Xiang's nature is. If you are courteous to her, she will somewhat be polite to you too; if you are nice to her, she will also be good to you and if you treat her genuinely, she will simply reciprocate wholeheartedly.

It's undoubtedly the most comfortable and safest to get along with such a person as you do not have to be afraid which wrong verse has offended her then get stabbed in the back. Without doubt, it is rather intolerable if she retaliates face on, but once it's over, it is over as she will never hold any grudges.

Shaking her head, Yu Si Yu sighed when she recalled all the past dealings and asked anxiously after a short while, "What's the use even if it's proven that I did not exchange the tokens of love with Fang Zhi Chen? My innocence is ruined by his hands and I'm afraid I will still have to marry him. I absolutely never expected him to be this sort of person."

"With that blockhead of yours, there are still many unexpected things." Yu Xiang snickered.

Choked with a red face, Yu Si Yu merely snorted coldly without retort. In the past, she would not conceded when Yu Xiang condemned her brainlessness but now that she had understood and thought it through, she herself felt stupid, or else why would she wailed and cried out wanting to marry into that filthy Fang family, even going so far as to destroy her own reputation without hesitant.

Looking at her sullen expression, Yu Xiang comforted, "Don't worry, Elder Brother will never let you marry a scumbag like Fang Zhi Chen. With our Elder Brother's special position as a pawn used by the Emperor to contend against the various prominent families, it's predestined that daughters of the Marquis manor cannot marry into any prominent families. Even if my legs aren't impaired, at most I can only marry a poor official without foundation which earnestly not be any better than you. Grandmother has already done her best to arrange the most secure route for you, not that she doesn't love you. It's better to marry low than to climb high as you have Marquis Yongle manor and the All Commander Yu behind you, won't everything go your way when you marry into your husband's family? Yet you like to disparage yourself while persistently worming your way into the wealthy and influential families, preferring to bend over servilely and be other's concubines instead of living your lives happily."

This time, Yu Si Yu listened with utter seriousness and sighed deeply after a long silence, "So, that's how it is. It's nevertheless my misconstrued of Grandmother and Elder Brother. What you said is right, marrying low is indeed much better than climbing high and living to my heart's content."

"This kind of marrying low thing does not necessarily lead to a comfortable life, you have to open your eyes, pick a good man who has the ability to take charge and has a sense of responsibility. If you choose accurately, you will have a pivot in this lifetime. Like the last time you pick that Li family's son, a total worthless who is even so pretentious, 'scoff'..." Yu Xiang sneered disdainfully.